The Student Room Group

WJEC Electronics

Having sat the Electronics AS exams (ET1, ET2) this morning, I'm wondering how everyone found it.

ET1 - I found this paper OK on the whole, most of the questions were standard

ET2 - this paper was disastrous, and all 7 people in my class said it was an epic fail

ET3 (C/W) - I'm pretty curious to see what the average grade is cos I got 39/40 (raw) without too much effort, but the rest of my class did pretty badly with scores averaging around 20/40

Hope it was OK for everyone. Anyone thinking of doing the A2? I think I will as long as I get a B (or A :rolleyes: ) at AS, but the coursework looks infinitely more difficult.
Original post by i.am.lost
Having sat the Electronics AS exams (ET1, ET2) this morning, I'm wondering how everyone found it.

ET1 - I found this paper OK on the whole, most of the questions were standard

ET2 - this paper was disastrous, and all 7 people in my class said it was an epic fail

ET3 (C/W) - I'm pretty curious to see what the average grade is cos I got 39/40 (raw) without too much effort, but the rest of my class did pretty badly with scores averaging around 20/40

Hope it was OK for everyone. Anyone thinking of doing the A2? I think I will as long as I get a B (or A :rolleyes: ) at AS, but the coursework looks infinitely more difficult.

I do realise that I'm posting this two years too late :tongue:
Im doing ET2 on Thursday and I'm feeling pretty nervous
Reply 2
Original post by quickfire100
I do realise that I'm posting this two years too late :tongue:
Im doing ET2 on Thursday and I'm feeling pretty nervous

Hehe gosh I can't believe it's been two years since I sat it, I feel old :frown:
Ahh ET2 was my most hated of all the Electronics modules (as I didn't do Physics and I'm more computer-y inclined), but I think I somehow ended up with a marginally higher score than ET1 so I'm sure you'll do fine :biggrin:
Electronics was always a 'cram' subject for me, I self-taught it without a teacher which always meant leaving it till a week before the exam!! Then I'd just print off a copy of the spec and tick each item once I'd learnt how and when to use the formula or memorised the definition etc - remember you don't even have to memorise most of the formulae as they're given to you at the front of your exam!
I don't know if you're intending to do the A2 next year but believe me when I say it's A LOT more interesting than AS!
Original post by i.am.lost
Hehe gosh I can't believe it's been two years since I sat it, I feel old :frown:
Ahh ET2 was my most hated of all the Electronics modules (as I didn't do Physics and I'm more computer-y inclined), but I think I somehow ended up with a marginally higher score than ET1 so I'm sure you'll do fine :biggrin:
Electronics was always a 'cram' subject for me, I self-taught it without a teacher which always meant leaving it till a week before the exam!! Then I'd just print off a copy of the spec and tick each item once I'd learnt how and when to use the formula or memorised the definition etc - remember you don't even have to memorise most of the formulae as they're given to you at the front of your exam!
I don't know if you're intending to do the A2 next year but believe me when I say it's A LOT more interesting than AS!

Cool, exam is tomorrow, and I'm pretty confident. I don't know if I will commit myself to the A2 however. I could only just about manage the programming at AS! As much as I might find it interesting, I wouldn't mind just learning it from the extensive notes on the WJEC website, and not taking an exam.

What exactly makes it so much more interesting?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending