The Student Room Group

Tips to get rid of spots overnight?

Scroll to see replies

try what most people are saying but if it doesn't work by tonight use force. Don't squeeze as you just lodge the spot itself in more and remove the head. Stretch the spot using your nails while pressing down and it forces the head first. Then as you're doing it, you'll see 1. Grease/pus (I don't know what it actually is) 2. blood, don't worry, seriously. I've had acne from when I was 13 until now (4 years and counting) and I know from plenty of own experience that it's alright. Don't make a habit of it like I do though, my nails are long (despite being male, guess I'm lazy XD) and I end up creating marks and cuts appear after a while :s-smilie:

My acne Is really annoying, while it's not serious acne, it's still bad enough for majority of the annoying effects to take place and the cream the doctor gave me doesn't work. The only solution involves treatment that makes you very emotional and people are known to cause self harm, enter depression or even commit suicide with it. My A levels are currently falling down the drain so that treatment is a no-no
(edited 7 years ago)
Try dabbing with TCP every couple of hours and last thing at night.
Original post by DancinBallerina
I tried the toothpaste method and my face was on fire - I took it off straight away! You have a scar from the toothpaste method? :s-smilie: jeeze.

Hope it does oneday vanish for you though.

Never use colagte or lemon on your scars. Your scars will look more worse than ever.
Reply 323
Every night and morning i put sudocrem on my nose as that is where my spots r and i moisturise my face. TOP TIP: DO NOT PICK OR SQUEEZE IT unless it has a white head
(edited 7 years ago)
Guyss I have the best tip to get rid of spots- look through all the products you use on your face! I've had a fair few spots and acne scars on my face for about 3yrs now. A few weeks ago my brother said 'what do you put on your face to make it so bad' and then I said that I only wear moisturiser (I don't wear make-up daily) and realised, I switched to this moisturiser around 3yrs ago! It's been around 3weeks since I've stopped wearing this moisturiser and my face is actually clear of spots already! Just a few scars left now.
Also, to lighten scars try Lush's 'angels on bare skin' facewash and to reduce spots, try 'grease lightening', also by Lush. I've been using these since July and they also helped massively.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you want to get rid of acne marks overnight you must use “Oilve oil” on your marks. It will look reddish, when you first apply it. After some time, the spot will become less visible. Use “Mederma” Cream as it is the best cream for removing acne scars.
Reply 326
Coconut oil overnight dries it out so there easier to get rid of x
Reply 327
squeeze it.
I have mild acne and dermalmd acne serum has really helped clear that up. I use my normal face wash. Then apply an astringent then this serum. It has greatly reduced my pores and most of my acne is gone. I will continue to use dermalmd serum for a long time. I would recommend this serum to anyone looking for something to add to their daily fave routine.
I'm trying savlon this second as I'm going back to collage tomorrow and I got really bad acne (teenage spots) will they be gone by the morning?
OMG it works i tried savlon and it works thanks #girlmechanik
If you use Sudocrem instead of water, you get better results.This is because of the zinc oxide in the Sudocrem, which reduces the loss of any further tissue fluid as well as the benzyl benzoate and benzyl cinnimate present, which are the active ingredients in Peru balsam which has some healing properties. The aspirin idea is on the right track though. I believe that most acne creams actually contain a small amount is acetylsalicylic acid, which is what's in aspirin as a derivative of acetylsalicylic acid (salicylic acid) works as an exfoliate, clearing pours ,meaning that sebum does not get trapped in the top layer of skin as well as killing the bacteria responsible for acne.
wash your face with no soap just warm water then apply toothpaste and have it on over night, in the morning again wash your face with water no soap and the redness and swelling will have gone down. The toothpaste I think works best that I've tried is Colgate.
theres a product in lush its calles grease lighting and you apply before going to bed and it drys out the spot leaving skin clear
Sudocrem works amazing! Honestly, apply water and dab dry. Then apply Sudocrem and gently rub it for 3 secs, otherwise it won't work. Sleep with it on over night, and then rub a tiny bit on in the morning so it isn't visible though. An tada spot free!
Original post by Ham22
squeeze it.

DO NOT SQUEEZE! They'll spread and get worse and harder to rid.
Use vitamin E oil to make any scar disappear COMPLETELY it's amazing i use it on everything
i always wash my face in the evening with a light cleanser. Before I go to bed I always put a tiny bit of sudocrem on my spots, I find it always helps reduce redness. Change pillow cases regularly as oil builds up and keep hair out of your face as much as possible. Just make sure to wash your face thoroughly in the morning to prevent getting oils clogged up in your pores. Stay away from heavy creams and use little makeup. I also love 'the body shop's tea tree toner I use it every morning after cleansing my face. To prevent under skin spots try to avoid chocolate, crisps, any oily foods and cut out unescisarry dairy. It will take time but it works!
I have two little spot so that I want to get rid of before Wednesday! Do you have any tips
Yes i know its great

Quick Reply

Latest