Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What;s the answers?
Reply 2
easiest paper
Reply 3
I think I got 100%
Reply 4
what did everyone get for the last question ( standard form), and the cos 60+sin60 question?
Reply 5
ye i thought it was quite easyy.

i only know of one mistake i made.. for the big fraction on the second to last question i got :
x^2 = 2.

i put x = square root or 2..but it's also minus square route of 2 :frown:

other than that, it went really well :teeth:
Reply 6
chipchop92
what did everyone get for the last question ( standard form), and the cos 60+sin60 question?

last question :

a) x + y/10

b) 7.5

c) n - m -1

:yep:
Reply 7
tsr4life
last question :

a) x + y/10

b) 7.5

c) n - m -1

:yep:

That's right, but i didn't simplify a) enough ;[
I put (10x+y)/10 ;[
Reply 8
Guys this means that the grade boundaries this year will be really high....

And I'm still wondering if it is 0.75 or 7.5 because the question was about the value of (a). I don't recall whether the question actually asked about (a) in standard form or w/e so yeah.
Reply 9
what did you guys get for the histogram question? I got 4 (as i divided 8 by 2 for frequency density), but i think the answer may be 8 :frown:
histogram Q.
(a)8
(b)9
{if i can remember correctly)
did you get -1/2x-2y for the vector question
How high can the grade boundaries really be? Taking into account that the highest that A* has been was '84%' according to a member of tsr. Is this true?
Reply 12
schadenfreuder
How high can the grade boundaries really be? Taking into account that the highest that A* has been was '84%' according to a member of tsr. Is this true?

I think the highest boundary ever was indeed 84%, yes - that's what it was in November 2006 & May 2007 (I don't have any data more recent than that).

Realistically I'd say the highest it'll ever get is 86% maximum - these may be the useless new GCSEs, but even then they wouldn't send out a paper that was any easier than that. The fact is that a lot of people at my school really did struggle quite a lot, not everyone found it very easy, so hopefully it'll only be another 84% or lower.
Reply 13
gunexer
Guys this means that the grade boundaries this year will be really high....

And I'm still wondering if it is 0.75 or 7.5 because the question was about the value of (a). I don't recall whether the question actually asked about (a) in standard form or w/e so yeah.

Did they even say standard form? I got it wrong it it did, I think I failed
Reply 14
a was 7.5, not 0.75 because the paper already said they were in standard form and, more obviously, more than 1 and less than 10. That's why you had to take 1 off on the final part of that question, because 0.75 = 7.5 x 10^-1
Reply 15
for for the last question (a)
I got
x.y
would I get the marks? it made sense at the time, as I remember it saying simplify as much as possible! although I can't remember if the question said write an equation - if it did then obviously I wouldn't get the mark!
Reply 16
flo___
for for the last question (a)
I got
x.y
would I get the marks? it made sense at the time, as I remember it saying simplify as much as possible! although I can't remember if the question said write an equation - if it did then obviously I wouldn't get the mark!

Yeah i wrote that first, then as soon as the teacher said, 'stop writing' - I suddenly realised that it was x+10/y...Sorry but I don't think you'll get the mark as it did ask for the equation...You may get one mark though for working and showing you had the right idea.
Reply 17
ah ok. hopefully i'll get one mark!
i really think I missed up a lot on that paper :frown:
even though I can see now it was actually a really good paper...just my silly mistakes!
Reply 18
Anyone got the answers to this ?
Reply 19
On the back page answer was instandard form so would be 7.5

Apparently the question which I got the answer of x=+-square 2 is wrong as the answer had to be given in 3 significant figures (no sign)

Latest

Trending

Trending