The Student Room Group

Drum & Bass Society - Thread

Scroll to see replies

This is why LTJ Bukem is the greatest DnB producer of all time. Him along with the entire Good Looking Label.

(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by 2ndClass
This is why LTJ Bukem is the greatest DnD producer of all time. Him along with the entire Good Looking Label.

that **** is deep

and pises over a lot of modern stuff.

old school jungle ftw, complicated beats instead of two step or half step, to keep your brain interested.

essential in a dance, especially if you're going till 6. you don't want the same two step beat all night.
Original post by Reflexive
that **** is deep

and pises over a lot of modern stuff.

old school jungle ftw, complicated beats instead of two step or half step, to keep your brain interested.

essential in a dance, especially if you're going till 6. you don't want the same two step beat all night.

I know what you mean, the songs were so ahead of their time.

This is perhaps the greatest soulful/mellow DnB track ever, another old school one. Listen from the 3:40 mark as it has a long intro. Shame about the ****ty youtube quality.

This is perhaps the greatest soulful/mellow DnB track ever, another old school one. Listen from the 3:40 mark as it has a long intro. Shame about the ****ty youtube quality.

Yea classic stuff mate, should play more stuff like that at modern raves

Lovely stuff, they don't make them like that anymore! 90s was so epic.
Original post by Gob Bluth
Lovely stuff, they don't make them like that anymore! 90s was so epic.

I know what you mean completely

One of my favourite tracks ever. I've totally gone off hip hop, I listen exclusively to this stuff now. 90s were epic.
I know what you mean completely

One of my favourite tracks ever. I've totally gone off hip hop, I listen exclusively to this stuff now. 90s were epic.

I went from being exclusive hiphop for about 5 years then exclusive dnb for 5 years. dnb can get samey in the house, cus its meant to be listened to really loud. hiphop is a nice switch up sometimes because of the lyrics
I went from being exclusive hiphop for about 5 years then exclusive dnb for 5 years. dnb can get samey in the house, cus its meant to be listened to really loud. hiphop is a nice switch up sometimes because of the lyrics

To be honest it's not that I dislike hip hop it's that I can't find any decent Albums/Artists to have come out. Most of the artists I've grown up listening to have either stopped making Music or changed their style completely. Eminem comes to mind, now he's become all shouty in his music and it's frankly boring. But yeah Dnb can get samey but I've found some others to mix it up:

Those are the one of the few Dubstep songs I like.

These are pretty sweet too.
To be honest it's not that I dislike hip hop it's that I can't find any decent Albums/Artists to have come out. Most of the artists I've grown up listening to have either stopped making Music or changed their style completely. Eminem comes to mind, now he's become all shouty in his music and it's frankly boring. But yeah Dnb can get samey but I've found some others to mix it up:

All nice tune there. A sweet female vocal always makes the difference!

Yea Eminem is a joke now, my 11 year old nephew tells about eminem and shows me hsi new tracks and I'm like wtf is that ****?! Also gangstarr, nas, busta, de la, wu tang, canibus, dre, snoop... grew up listening to all of them and they're mostly now all **** or dead. hiphop is dead altogether really
Reply 1589

Not one of those are dubstep.
All nice tune there. A sweet female vocal always makes the difference!

Yea Eminem is a joke now, my 11 year old nephew tells about eminem and shows me hsi new tracks and I'm like wtf is that ****?! Also gangstarr, nas, busta, de la, wu tang, canibus, dre, snoop... grew up listening to all of them and they're mostly now all **** or dead. hiphop is dead altogether really

Lol were you disappointed as well by Dr Dre's singles for Detox "Kush" and "I Need a Doctor". I never cringed so much in my life when I heard them.

Original post by ameeso
Not one of those are dubstep.

Really?I was referring to the second one ? my bad
(edited 12 years ago)

Such an amazing song, listen to the freaking Bass!
Lol were you disappointed as well by Dr Dre's singles for Detox "Kush" and "I Need a Doctor". I never cringed so much in my life when I heard them.

Yea a complete load of ****. They don't even sound like dre.
Yea a complete load of ****. They don't even sound like dre.

lol no wonder he hasn't released the album yet, he knows himself those songs were an embarrassment. Let's just hope he gets his act together.
Reply 1594
KEEPING THINGS FRESH WITH THE DRUMSTEP.

the new hospital podcast is sweet, #150. and of course together is dropped in at the end and makes my neck hairs tingle
Reply 1596
Original post by MrJoeyUK
KEEPING THINGS FRESH WITH THE DRUMSTEP.

I got so happy when I first heard this, absolutely love it.
Recent Pendulum stuff + Drumstep, couldn't think of much worse personally!
Reply 1598
Original post by Gob Bluth
Recent Pendulum stuff + Drumstep, couldn't think of much worse personally!

drumstep is the next big thing, you heard it here first.
Original post by mfc20
Yeah Lenzman is sick. These are some of my favourite productions of his;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LLQRnyIXz0 Lenzman - Ever So Slightly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A5PpA3iQac Lenzman - Masquerade

This remix below though is one of my favourite Dnb tunes..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLGMzLfDFxQ Madmen & Poets - Afraid of Jazz (Lenzman Remix)

Love them, got a good taste in music mate!

Quick Reply

Latest