The Student Room Group

Studying A language at uni and job prospects

I have just finished doing my AS level exams at college and i have been considering doing Korean as a degree at university, but i am unsure on what carrer prospects you can get from doing this course.

So far i have considered teaching english overseas...but i was wondering if there was any other careers i could consider...please can anyone help!!!

Also, if anyone speaks or does Korean at uni, could you tell me if it is a good language to learn?

Thank you :smile:
There's always translation or interpretation, or teaching Korean to other people in English speaking countries.

If you wanted to do either of the first two it likely helps to plan to take a postgrad in translation studies etc, and possibly to take on another language as and when you can.
Reply 2
Studying a language at uni opens a lot of doors as there's a national shortage of people who speak another language. There's so many things you could do- work anywhere abroad, translation/interpreting, organisations like the EU.
Check this out - www.languageswork.com
Reply 4
If you're really interested in learning languages themselves (and not history and culture) I would suggest doing a double language degree- Chinese & Korean/Japanese & Korean for example.

Latest

Trending

Trending