The Student Room Group

Unsure what to apply for

Hi, I'm writing my personal statement atm but I'm stuck between two courses at Cambridge. I'm applying for History & Spanish for my other universities, but the course that really appeals to me at Cambridge is Anglo-Saxon, Norse & Celtic. It's the area of history I'm most passionate about, I love its literature and offered languages(esp. medieval welsh) and I've done lots of independent study around it and enjoyed it all. However, I'm worried that it's not as well-respected as other degrees and I am really anxious about future job prospects and limiting my focus of study. I also love Spanish and I really do not want to drop it, but I know the History & Modern Languages course is more competitive than ASNC and again ASNC is more focused on the history I'm most interested in. Any advice would be greatly appreciated :smile:
Do what you prefer, honestly. Cambridge is tough and enjoying the subject will get you through it
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi, I'm writing my personal statement atm but I'm stuck between two courses at Cambridge. I'm applying for History & Spanish for my other universities, but the course that really appeals to me at Cambridge is Anglo-Saxon, Norse & Celtic. It's the area of history I'm most passionate about, I love its literature and offered languages(esp. medieval welsh) and I've done lots of independent study around it and enjoyed it all. However, I'm worried that it's not as well-respected as other degrees and I am really anxious about future job prospects and limiting my focus of study. I also love Spanish and I really do not want to drop it, but I know the History & Modern Languages course is more competitive than ASNC and again ASNC is more focused on the history I'm most interested in. Any advice would be greatly appreciated :smile:

hi! did you apply to ASNC in the end ?
For anyone interested in the future, I did ASNC at undergrad and I was interviewed for my current job, in part, because people on the panel wanted to ask me about my degree. I had a fantastic three years, it’s an amazing course and if you want to do it then go for it. ASNaCs work in all sorts of fields (law, academia, politics, advertising, intelligence, private sector).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending