The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Yh it did, I also made careless errors, such as the maths question and IVF!! Thats 5 marks gone! But after hearing feedback, a lot of people did not finish. This would be the case throughout the UK, so grade boundaries would be lowered by an amount. Think about it. A lot of people do not finish, and are bound to get some silly errors + genuine errors. This paper was so similar to Jan 08, in which the boundaries for A* were 28. With people not finishing, I have a good feeling that the boundaries will be 30 or less.
Anyone got chem on Wednesday? :s I'm more worried about it than biol :frown:
i'm worried about physics :| it's too mathematical for my liking
chemistry should be okay
Reply 103
Yep gt chem on wednesday, and Physics on friday. Bio is my weakest science by far, so hopefully will aim to get 100% in both Chem and Physics. Don't worry, you will be fine :smile:
ahhh i agree with instrumentalistt :s-smilie:
physics is very CRAP.
i don't do physics. i'm worried about chem :frown: i'm much better about biology.
UGH physics...Core is okay, but I just don't get additional AT ALL.
I don't mind chemistry, its usually my strongest science...Still, not looking forward to it. -_-
Reply 107
adil12
Yh it did, I also made careless errors, such as the maths question and IVF!! Thats 5 marks gone! But after hearing feedback, a lot of people did not finish. This would be the case throughout the UK, so grade boundaries would be lowered by an amount. Think about it. A lot of people do not finish, and are bound to get some silly errors + genuine errors. This paper was so similar to Jan 08, in which the boundaries for A* were 28. With people not finishing, I have a good feeling that the boundaries will be 30 or less.

That actually does make me feel better, thanks. :p:

I've got Chemistry on Wednesday as well and Physics on Friday. I'm a little worried about Chemistry, but hopefully it'll go ok.

It's Physics I'm worried about. I'm absolutely terrible at the calculations and I know there will be at least one maths question which I won't have any idea about. All I can do is look over past papers and hope for the best I guess.
Reply 108
No problem, glad to help. I had a bad day then. Thanks goodness its chemistry and physics, the greatest subjects of all time! Chemistry may be quite challenging, considering tectonics etc..but Physics I find the easiest science. Calculations are very good and the subject is very logical. Wish everybody good luck on the tests.

Latest