The Student Room Group

La Senza bra sizing....

Scroll to see replies

I thought I was a 34D for months, went in La Senza to get measured and got told I was a 34F. Wondered why my bras from there hadn't been fitting for a while.. Debenhams sizing seems to pretty big, though.
I shop at la senza because they do pretty bras in larger sizes - I'm not going down the granny bra route just yet!

I'm a 38E or an F in most shops and I'm a 38FF in la senza (and yes I know 38 is quite big - but I have a ridiculously big rib cage - and yes i do mean my rib cage - it's not just fat, according to my doctor I have big lungs - which is handy!)
La Senza = small!! I have been wearing the wrong size bra for yearsss because of them . . ie 34E/F . . I am still the same size as I was back when I was a kid @ school, ie 34DD. :facepalm:. I don't buy from them anymore now.
NatalieMT
La Senza's bras are more fashion bras as opposed to bras which are going to do the job well. I've stopped using La Senza for underwear anyway because it's all too big on me. I bought a 32A from there and although I agree it's smaller than most 32As, it's totally not right. Really I need a 28 or 30 back but they don't stock those sizes.

Apparently getting the back size tight enough is actually the most important bit in bra sizing. Its really bloody annoying being smaller than 32, I just buy my bras online to get a good range of 30s.
Reply 24
I have worked for La Senza for some time now and I am an expert bra fitter. With regards to the sizes in our stores...not all of them are the same (silly I know), due to the bras being made in different places, meaning that each place will have their own conversion of the band and cup size of the bra. I'm a 36 band size, but there are some bras in the store which do not have generous band sizes or cup sizes, so not all of them fit.

AND...you will vary in bra sizes from store to store, as like in our shop, bras are made in different locations and have different size templates. If you buy a bra from our store and a bra from Tesco, I can guarantee that the sizes will not be the same.

The only advice we give to people when buying new bras is TRY THEM ON. Please don't assume that what you've picked up is your size or that it will fit you. That's one thing I've learned since working there. :smile: And also, bra fitting also differs from store to store, depending on the sizes of their bras. They all have their own technique and procedures.

We now have a wide range of sizes...now stocking sizes from 30A to 40GG.

(Didn't mean to sound like a lecture, but I hope it has cleared up some of the confusion) :wink:
Yes! I am glad others have found this too, I thought I'd gained weight when my bra from there wouldn't fit, I was like 'gah'
Reply 26
I'm the same size in there as I am everywhere else :smile:.
I'm a 30E, the last bra in La Senza that fit me was a 34FF :|
I am normally a 36DD and I was fitted as one.
I was shocked in La Senza when I found that all of the bras looked ridiculous on me, they were way too small for me. I got fitted, and shockingly... I was a 36F?
I don't think I'm a 36F ANYWHERE else... Just La Senza. I thought that was a bit odd to be honest lol
I find that

Quick Reply

Latest