The Student Room Group
Reply 1
look here:

transferring

That is some information about some unis listed in the wiki that allow you to transfer. I hear you can also do this at Leicester

This information in the wiki may now be out of date and I may be wrong so it is always best to check at the uni.

Transferring I hear is also very competitive so may be even more competitive that regular entry to medicine
Reply 2
In Glasgow, there's a maximum of 1 or 2 per year that transfer from biology/something similar over to medicine. It's incredibly difficult though.

You can't transfer into second year, only onto first year. It's still an extra year so you'd be much better taking a gap year and reapplying as the odds are much better.
Its extremely difficult and rare... if you couldn't get in at undergraduate entry level medicine consider that you'll have to complete your backup degree before being able to apply for medicine again as a postgraduate, put zero hope on transferring - it is extremely unlikely that it will happen
Reply 4
Meltdown30
In Glasgow, there's a maximum of 1 or 2 per year that transfer from biology/something similar over to medicine. It's incredibly difficult though.

You can't transfer into second year, only onto first year. It's still an extra year so you'd be much better taking a gap year and reapplying as the odds are much better.

If only 1 or 2 transfer how are the odds better than graduate entry? surely that's 1 or 2 out of say at least 50?
A first year medic at newcastle told me theres 7 or 8 places per year to transfer from a biological science to medicine and I think the same for dentistry. You'd have to be one of the the top in the year to transfer

Latest

Trending

Trending