The Student Room Group

Skins

Scroll to see replies

No
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 221
List of things that have happened to the main characters of Skins so far this series:

Girl sells drugs to and sleeps with other girl who goes on to kill herself in a club.
Boy assaults and hospitalises other boy at a party and is sent to prison. Same boy later breaks out of prison.
Girl finds out she can never have children, meanwhile made homeless.
Girl is suddenly overcame with psychotic depression and tries to kill herself.

To be fair the drama has been pretty good but I'm starting to forget whether this is about ordinary teenager's lives or a documentary about all the different things that can possibly go wrong to such a small group of teens.

Think about the first series. More focused on relationships, kinda could relate to the characters (especially Sid's relationship with Tony/his dad, though a bit caricatured) so that when something hard-hitting happens in the final episode (Tony's accident) it's actually quite shocking and not just another episode in the lives of the most unfortunate teenagers in the country..

Just my thoughts on the show..
Ebbson
List of things that have happened to the main characters of Skins so far this series:

Girl sells drugs to and sleeps with other girl who goes on to kill herself in a club.
Boy assaults and hospitalises other boy at a party and is sent to prison. Same boy later breaks out of prison.
Girl finds out she can never have children, meanwhile made homeless.
Girl is suddenly overcame with psychotic depression and tries to kill herself.

To be fair the drama has been pretty good but I'm starting to forget whether this is about ordinary teenager's lives or a documentary about all the different things that can possibly go wrong to such a small group of teens.

Think about the first series. More focused on relationships, kinda could relate to the characters (especially Sid's relationship with Tony/his dad, though a bit caricatured) so that when something hard-hitting happens in the final episode (Tony's accident) it's actually quite shocking and not just another episode in the lives of the most unfortunate teenagers in the country..

Just my thoughts on the show..

agreed .Its getting so depressing and this episode was especially boring.
Despite the horrible nature of the actual episode, I'm even more in love with freddie for the way he took care of effy. I miss the times when skins was just about getting high and partying. :frown:
I really enjoyed the last episode. I think it would of been so much better if we could see her breakdown developing in the episodes, rather than happening in one episode, even though there has been signs of it. Effy seemed happy enough in Katies episode, then she completely went down hill in one episode. Apart from that, and the totally unrealistic scene where she was in the bathroom after, it was really good :biggrin: I'm looking forward to see how it develops.

I'm disappointed theres only 7 or 8 episodes. They gave Thomas his own, pointless episode, and yet not gave more interesting characters like Naomi her own episode.
Season 1 and 2 imo was far better! Haven't seen this weeks yet - may watch it on 4od tonight :smile:
^ agreed I don't really like this series there all miserable and annoying
starryeyed.
I really enjoyed the last episode. I think it would of been so much better if we could see her breakdown developing in the episodes, rather than happening in one episode, even though there has been signs of it. Effy seemed happy enough in Katies episode, then she completely went down hill in one episode. Apart from that, and the totally unrealistic scene where she was in the bathroom after, it was really good :biggrin: I'm looking forward to see how it develops.

I'm disappointed theres only 7 or 8 episodes. They gave Thomas his own, pointless episode, and yet not gave more interesting characters like Naomi her own episode.

Yeah, true. Emily's episode should have been called Emily and Naomi (or even Naomily) instead, that would have been better since it was about both them them quite equally really. Oh well. And maybe the credit crunch had a toll on the number of episodes they could have?
I agree with the 'this episode was terrible' brigade. It was pretty indefensible.

If it had had Effy trying to commit suicide out of nowhere I would have bought it- I mean, with no hints in the episode at all- but the wall of crazy and the hallucinations and everything were so badly executed that it was just *****.

Huge misstep by the writers.
jessyfantastic90
^ agreed I don't really like this series there all miserable and annoying

I definitely agree. I dont like these characters too much either.

Freddie and Effy I do, but not too sure about some.
Ergghh i wasnt surprised at all about her being all psycho tbh, find her really irritating and annoying

woop cook is back :biggrin:
I was actually relieved to see Cook at the end of the episode....
Reply 232
I wanted to shake Freddie hard and be like ' STOP GIVING YOUR PSYCHOTIC PARANOID GIRLFRIEND WEED, DUMBASS ' ¬¬
Winnieee
I wanted to shake Freddie hard and be like ' STOP GIVING YOUR PSYCHOTIC PARANOID GIRLFRIEND WEED, DUMBASS ' ¬¬

Agreed!!
Reply 234
The first three series had so many more sex scenes than this one. :frown:
Wow, I really liked that episode. JJ is a funny odd character and it was interesting watching him with his first girlfriend. It was all so sweet :h: The special effects that the end were they were kissing on the bed, a bit weird and cheesy, lol. That that serenading with the Spandau Ballet song, aww. But you have to admit, that must have been the happiest episode so far this series. Though I swear I've never seen JJ's dad before, I thought he wasn't around or something.

BTW, what's going on with Naomily? I thought it was a bit odd that Emily was still staying at Naomi's despite the cheating, and they were both being weird with each other. I thought Emily had made up with her family and moved in back with them in Katie's episode? But then she is back with Naomi? :confused: So confusing, just like with Thomdora. Oh well, I guess things'll probably be resolved by the end of the series.

I wonder how Effy's going? I didn't really like her before, she had cool style but too slaggy and manipulative for my liking, but now I kinda sympathise with her because of her mental illness. I really hope she doesn't try to kill herself again, I'm just worried because in the preview, it looked like she was standing in front of a moving vehicle :eek:
hmmm whats been up with this series :/ is it just me or are the episodes more disjointed than usual. like this series so cheesy nd lighthearted, nd last weeks was overdramtic nd depressing :frown: i dnt no what to think :'(
Skins will just never be the same as it used to be (aka awesome). The writers are just trying too hard and failing.
Reply 238
Better this week than last tbh. Would like to see them as a group together more often though.
:woo: My copy of the Skins novel just arrived today from Amazon. It's supposed to be the story of the gang in the summer holidays in between Series 3 and 4. I can't wait to start reading it :biggrin:.

I also found out that there is gonna be a 5th series and a third generation. That's gonna be interesting. I can't wait for the American Skins either :woo:

Quick Reply

Latest