The Student Room Group

The Legend of Zelda Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by Hylean
OH MY GAWDZ! IT'S N'DUBZ!

First person to bring me SS gets a cookie.

What flavour cookie would this be?
Reply 381
Original post by RHCPfan
What flavour cookie would this be?

Your choice. I'm nice like that.
Reply 382
Original post by Hylean
Your choice. I'm nice like that.

I'm on it :tongue:

:ninjagirl:
Reply 383
What we really need is the Samurai Pizza Cats on the job.
Reply 384
Original post by Binkles
Lol at finishing water temple on 3ds in an hour >.>

But with how many hearts and upgrades? :P

Finished exams on Monday, started on Tuesday, finished last night with 17 hearts and most the upgrades.
I'm pondering wherever to spent another few days on Master Quest...
Why is it mirrored?!
Reply 385
Original post by ChoYunEL
But with how many hearts and upgrades? :P

Finished exams on Monday, started on Tuesday, finished last night with 17 hearts and most the upgrades.
I'm pondering wherever to spent another few days on Master Quest...
Why is it mirrored?!

Didn't bother with extra hearts. Don't need. I have a fully completed n64 game cartridge and fully completed master quests file on my gc. So meh cba :P.
Reply 386
Gonna replay all Zelda games. Started by digging out Link's Awakening :biggrin:
Reply 387
Original post by Binkles
Didn't bother with extra hearts. Don't need. I have a fully completed n64 game cartridge and fully completed master quests file on my gc. So meh cba :P.

Com'on - you gotta do it for the 3DS as well ;P haha

Have you done any side quests?
Reply 388
Original post by ChoYunEL
Com'on - you gotta do it for the 3DS as well ;P haha

Have you done any side quests?

Biggoron sword, as it's all i use :cool: and bottles ofc.
OOT is my favourite, then majors mask, then wind waker, i have a feeling twipri will take wind wakers place but i have not played this yet.

My favorite part of wind waker was when i found out how to get to the top of that mountain (By playing that melody to the cyclone)
My favorite parts of MM were turning spiked bolder with goron and turning into an ocean bullet with the zora mask..
My favorite part of OOT, every part this is the best game i have ever played.

Also who else loves that magic milk that heals you continuously 1 day per bottle in majors mask!!!??
I'm the leader of this soc and haven't even played a Zelda since Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass. :frown:

Although I stand by my decision to never buy a Wii, it is pretty painful for this particular reason.
Reply 391
Original post by Brotherhood
I'm the leader of this soc and haven't even played a Zelda since Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass. :frown:

Although I stand by my decision to never buy a Wii, it is pretty painful for this particular reason.

You can pick one up for £100 now.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-Console-Sports-including-Controller/dp/B004FEF5PC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1309761257&sr=8-1
Reply 392
Original post by Brotherhood

Why, why would you make such an awful decision?!
Also why not buy the Gamecube version of Twilight Princess? That's the one I have.
Reply 394
Expensive ^^
Reply 395
Original post by Madman Ideas
Also why not buy the Gamecube version of Twilight Princess? That's the one I have.

I brought that very same version when the game was first released.It cost me £50 odd quid with p&p.Said disk doesnt work now sadly...:frown:.I think it could be rare ish a find now, and probably still expensive.
Reply 396
They're selling the GC version of TP for around £28 here http://www.amazon.co.uk/Legend-Zelda-Twilight-Princess-GameCube/dp/B0009UBR3A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1309864733&sr=8-1 I have the GC version and wii version... bought the GC version first because I didn't have a wii at the time.
Link's Awakening on the GB was my first, and wowza did it rock :smile: I've felt so nostalgic for it I recently bought myself a Game Boy Colour to play it again.

The I got Link to the Past, which was great. OOT was a great game too, though I must admit looking back I find it a bit sub-par now. I think the 3D graphics look primitive and it's less silky-smooth as previous and future games.

Wind Waker looked pretty, but was far too short. Great for what it was though.

And Twilight Princess I loved from beginning to end :smile:

My only slight criticism of the Zelda games (slight, slight!) is that story-wise they rarely compete with other RPGs. It's a fairly straight romp in terms of what your aim is (get the princess, kill the bad guy, save the world), while others, such as Final Fantasy, had stories where you really got engaged.

The only Zelda game I can think of which really attempted that was Link's Awakening, which was very clever :smile:
Reply 398
Original post by gladders
Link's Awakening on the GB was my first, and wowza did it rock :smile: I've felt so nostalgic for it I recently bought myself a Game Boy Colour to play it again.

The I got Link to the Past, which was great. OOT was a great game too, though I must admit looking back I find it a bit sub-par now. I think the 3D graphics look primitive and it's less silky-smooth as previous and future games.

My only slight criticism of the Zelda games (slight, slight!) is that story-wise they rarely compete with other RPGs. It's a fairly straight romp in terms of what your aim is (get the princess, kill the bad guy, save the world), while others, such as Final Fantasy, had stories where you really got engaged.

The only Zelda game I can think of which really attempted that was Link's Awakening, which was very clever :smile:

LoZ has always suffered there in that the games aren't really RPGs as such, but get lumped with them all the same.

TP has a great storyline, so does MM. MM is probably the deepest one out there.
Reply 399
Original post by gladders

Do you not agree that the primitive graphics contribute to the nostalgia and novelty of what makes OoT so great? I mean other things also hold it up on such a high pedestal but when I replay it I cannot help but admire how outdated the graphics are and will always hold a big part in my heart. I do agree that the story is somewhat linear compared to RPGs such as FF but it's still great :biggrin: hopefully SS will be a bit of a deviant from previous games...

Quick Reply

Latest