The Student Room Group

The Legend of Zelda Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hylean

Original post by Hylean
True dat! :five: I can't rep you at the moment, dang.

They should rerelease all the soundtracks orchestrated. They're so hard to get legally.

:ditto: :tongue:

That would such a brilliant idea! They'd get a good market for it, as well.
Reply 1181
Original post by Illusionary
:ditto: :tongue:

That would such a brilliant idea! They'd get a good market for it, as well.

Someone should start an e-campaign if there isn't one already.
Original post by Hylean

So, wait, you're feelings on the game are pretty negative so far? :confused: Or you think the bad reviews are stupid?

Oh woops! Yeah I thought the reviews were pretty negative :rofl:

Didn't think people would be so disappointed with it, saddens meee :frown:
Reply 1183
Original post by whitepearlbaby
Oh woops! Yeah I thought the reviews were pretty negative :rofl:

Didn't think people would be so disappointed with it, saddens meee :frown:

Yea well, don't forget there are 90 other reviews which were exceptionally positive about the game. :yes: :console:

So, what's everyone's favourite track on the CD? Mine is "Gerudo Valley", just sounds amazing, even better without the guitar. :daydreaming:
Original post by Hylean

Original post by Hylean
Yea well, don't forget there are 90 other reviews which were exceptionally positive about the game. :yes: :console:

So, what's everyone's favourite track on the CD? Mine is "Gerudo Valley", just sounds amazing, even better without the guitar. :daydreaming:

Yep, Gerudo Valley would be my pick :five: That one in particular need to be longer :tongue: Parts of each of the "Symphonic movements" are almost spine-tingling and there's always something :awesome: about the main theme, though, as well :biggrin:
Original post by Hylean

I'd say, at the moment, the main theme. Like what's already been said my only problem with the CD is that it isn't longer!

This piece of music is just :daydreaming: Just couldn't resist finding it but I won't be doing it again incase of spoilers. Edit: This piece is near the beginning of the game.

I wouldn't read any of the youtube comments just incase of spoilers.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1186
Original post by RHCPfan
I'd say, at the moment, the main theme. Like what's already been said my only problem with the CD is that it isn't longer!

This piece of music is just :daydreaming: Just couldn't resist finding it but I won't be doing it again incase of spoilers. Edit: This piece is near the beginning of the game.

I wouldn't read any of the youtube comments just incase of spoilers.

Lovely song. :yes: The scene too, oh my gods. :daydreaming: Aaaaagh, want to get back to playing it now! :grumble:

Cheers for the warning on comments. Won't check them out.
Ah, so the third area is the one that I keep hearing people raving about. This should be good! :biggrin:

Hylean
x
I'm guessing that you're still ahead of me, as I've not yet got that item that you mentioned earlier. :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1188
Just picked it up today; first time I've touched my Wii in almost 3 years! Had to get the Ltd Ed so I could get a new Wiimote (lost mine 3 years ago)

It's going good so far. Zelda just got kidnapped, damned tornados ruining dem moments :colonhash:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Tabris

Original post by Tabris
Zelda just got kidnapped
Spoiler :zomg:

Spoiler

Reply 1190

Spoiler :zomg:

Spoiler

I know, right? Who'da thought! :ahee:

Anyway, I'm really enjoying it. 2 hours in and I'm making my way through the sealed grounds. Really like Skyloft as a location.

It's making a really nice change from all the MODERN MILITARY SHOOTERS I've been playing recently; I'd forgotten the charm of Nintendo's non-Pokémon products, so it was like seeing an old friend.
Reply 1191
Ah, so the third area is the one that I keep hearing people raving about. This should be good! :biggrin:

I'm guessing that you're still ahead of me, as I've not yet got that item that you mentioned earlier. :tongue:

I am, but I've been taking a break from the main quest. Did some side quests, got some heart containers; beefed up my shields, all of them that I could anyway; beefed up my items, etc.

Ah well. This game is great. :ahee: I haven't felt bored once, not even doing all the side quests and there is one hellishly addictive mini-game in there. :awesome:

Currently got just over 19 hours on the clock. Now to revise! :work:
Reply 1192
The Zelda games are the best games ever made! :biggrin:
The Twlight Princess Symphonic Movement is breathtaking as is Gerudo Valley which sounds fantastic even though there's no guitar backing. Took me completely by surprise! Bold but incredibly brave move, so paid off!
Really makes me wish the original TP had the orchestral treatment.
Ahh well.
I have the Zelda Symphony CD but not the actual Skyward Sword game itself

It is literally locked in a safe with the Key hidden.
I need to pass my January exams!
come 8th January though
you're mine! :biggrin:
Any tips on finding monster claws? I need one to upgrade my shield but no monsters seem to want to drop them for me.
Original post by MoonGazer

Any tips on finding monster claws? I need one to upgrade my shield but no monsters seem to want to drop them for me.

I had the same problem .I still haven't found any and just bought the Iron Shield instead.

I'd imagine that there will be an unbreakable one at some point. :dontknow:
Not until much further on in the game

Spoiler

But go figure, I got a monster claw off a keese right after making that previous post, lol.
Reply 1197

I had the same problem .I still haven't found any and just bought the Iron Shield instead.

I'd imagine that there will be an unbreakable one at some point. :dontknow:

For monster claws, I just go to the cave in Skyloft, and spend my time killing Keese over and over again until they drop. I make a note of whichever enemy drops which item and when I need it, I hunt them down and just spend ages killing them til I get what I want.

Look here for a bit more info, but it's to do with Goddess Cubes, so.

Spoiler

Whoa, major spoiler alert! :biggrin:
Not until much further on in the game

Spoiler

But go figure, I got a monster claw off a keese right after making that previous post, lol.
(edited 12 years ago)
Yes, I was reading through my guide on the particular bit and thought, you've got to be kidding me.
:zomg: A *lot* later!

While we're on spoilers... (end-game, non-plot-related)

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest