The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I'm doing it too! We've still not finished it though. Agriculture 5markers are fairly straight forward, but I'm yet to see any essays. My tip for this module = do one of the other essays!
Reply 2
:confused: I'm gona be revising this today, but I'm too scared to start because I'll realise that I know nothing!!Anyone got any good cast studies for any part of this section?I have absolutely no relevant ones!!HELP :confused:
Reply 3
*Yawns*
which part do you want to start with? I started National Parks last night, but tell me which part of the spec you want to do, and up until about 3, I can :smile:
Reply 4
Oldly enough I study a module rather simply in my course

Urban habitats and Conservation
Reply 5
Ellie4
*Yawns*
which part do you want to start with? I started National Parks last night, but tell me which part of the spec you want to do, and up until about 3, I can :smile:

I've just been reading through the first section on urbanisation. LEDCS is pretty straight forward, migration for education, health etc with case studies such as Mexico City and Sao Paulo. I don't have a case study for an MEDC city experiencing counter-urbanisation, except perhaps Birmingham, although I'm not enitrely sure that it is!any ideas?
Reply 6
sahsum
I've just been reading through the first section on urbanisation. LEDCS is pretty straight forward, migration for education, health etc with case studies such as Mexico City and Sao Paulo. I don't have a case study for an MEDC city experiencing counter-urbanisation, except perhaps Birmingham, although I'm not enitrely sure that it is!any ideas?

Um...
oo good point, I don't have one either. Maybe the SE? Kinda home counties regions? I dunno! :frown: Google?
Reply 7
Ellie4
Um...
oo good point, I don't have one either. Maybe the SE? Kinda home counties regions? I dunno! :frown: Google?

All big cities really. Including London, where people are moving from the city to the outskirts
Reply 8
~Sam~
All big cities really. Including London, where people are moving from the city to the outskirts

Yeah, but I think London's pop remains fairly constant, because people are going both ways.
Reply 9
Hmm it didn't occur to me that retiring to spain to gain even more wrinkles contributes to counterurbanisation.
Reply 10
sahsum
Hmm it didn't occur to me that retiring to spain to gain even more wrinkles contributes to counterurbanisation.

Lol!!
Reply 11
Sheffield, and all the other mining/steelworks towns surely experienced counterurbanisation when there when these industries went into decline. And other northern places also must have because the South has experienced population growth due to employment opportunities on the M4 corridor etc in quite recent years.
Reply 12
I think I'm actually getting the hang of the section now! (touch wood) I'm just slighty confused about what part of the spec New Towns should be under. Its either the management of urban areas bullet point in 5.2.1 or part of 5.2.3
what do people think?

Latest

Trending

Trending