The Student Room Group

GAT 2023 Oxford

How did everyone find the GAT?

Scroll to see replies

I found it alright just the system kept crashing which was so disruptive
Original post by life_is_fun
I found it alright just the system kept crashing which was so disruptive

Mine crashed too although it wasn’t too bad. How did you find the critical thinking? I could never tell how well I’d done until I marked the practice papers!
Mine too! I have no idea what the right answers are. I found the graphs to be quite unnervingly easy? idk

What do we think is a good score ?
Original post by binkbonkshush
Mine too! I have no idea what the right answers are. I found the graphs to be quite unnervingly easy? idk

What do we think is a good score ?

If I remember correctly the first two questions on the fist graph were almost like GCSE level? I thought it was too good to be true, I kept thinking that I must be missing something bc it was to easy.

I have no idea what a good score is. I think the essay will really pull your score up or down.
Yeah it really felt that way! I kept doubting myself on that lol

The Part C is so stressful because I have no idea if what I did was good

I was getting like 15/16 in the sample tests, and it felt about as hard? So I'm not sure if that's good or not
Please could somebody explain the graph on part 2 of the problem solving section (B). It’s the one with the income deprivation and cluster index
I think it's just showing how deprived an area is on the x axis, and then how close together the deprived parts of that area are on the y axis?

so if an area is in the top right of the graph it is very deprived overall, but the most deprived areas are concentrated in a specific part of the city/village etc.
Original post by MillieB1624
Please could somebody explain the graph on part 2 of the problem solving section (B). It’s the one with the income deprivation and cluster index
I think it's just showing how deprived an area is on the x axis, and then how close together the deprived parts of that area are on the y axis?

so if an area is in the top right of the graph it is very deprived overall, but the most deprived areas are concentrated in a specific part of the city/village etc.

Thank you. I think I may have messed that bit up. I swear it said at the top that red was least deprived and blue was most which contradicted the graph, that’s what confused me. Aghhh I’m not sure I can’t properly remember 😅
I think it said one colour was urban and the other rural on the second graph if that rings a bell?

Oh well, not worth stressing about now it's done...

Thank you. I think I may have messed that bit up. I swear it said at the top that red was least deprived and blue was most which contradicted the graph, that’s what confused me. Aghhh I’m not sure I can’t properly remember 😅
I think it said one colour was urban and the other rural on the second graph if that rings a bell?

Very true, apparently we get results in January, it’s so long
No I know it's so annoying we don't get a chance to see how well we did till after we find out about places 😬😬
What college are you applying to?

No I know it's so annoying we don't get a chance to see how well we did till after we find out about places 😬😬
What college are you applying to?

I’ve applied to Brasenose wbu?
I’ve applied to Brasenose wbu?

went with St Catz - so excited about the idea of it I really hope I get an interview

There was one graph about deprivation regarding rural and urban

What was the other graph about I’m trying to remember please?
Original post by Anonymous #2

There was one graph about deprivation regarding rural and urban

What was the other graph about I’m trying to remember please?

Section B
First two graphs were about increase in GDP per capita and energy usage

2nd part was the graph on income dep and cluster index and the graph on rural/urban and cluster index (?)
Have you guys seen the email they sent out today ? What are you thoughts ?
Annoyed as I thought it wen well for me, hopefully they still take some of it into account as seems a bit unfair to penalise people who did well in the test
Reply 19
went with St Catz - so excited about the idea of it I really hope I get an interview

I’m a second year geographer at St Catz - if you want any advice feel free to let me know!

Same goes to everyone here

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending