The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Photos of runnymede

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Oh, they're thick? I might not bother with blackout ones in that case.

Thank you so much for measuring it! :biggrin:
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 21
apotoftea
Mine's a 1600W and I've not blown up anything yet (even on full power and other stuff plugged in the same time)

IMHO it's the kitchens you have to watch. The number of times someone's blown the kitchen fuse and then not noticed that the fridges are off is loads currently. It's just common sense though (and it's usually the international students who blow them with their rice cooker, microwave, kettle and toaster all at the same frigging time!)

I have never had the kettle & toaster & microwave or any combination on at the same time and it's been fine.

Thank you! That's a relief we thought we'd be drying our hair with bicycle pumps!
helpful thanks for the pictures! But where is runnymede located? thanks!
Reply 23
Original post by amlecciones

Don't mean to sound rude but its not that hard to go onto the uni site and search campus map...its the first result
I did it for you
http://www.rhul.ac.uk/aboutus/documents/pdf/campusplan.pdf
number 43
circled in purple

same here
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 24
Original post by amlecciones

Bear in mind that Runnymede has been refurbished since those pictures were taken/posted. The kitchens and rooms were refitted, and the shelves/cupboards are now pretty much identical to the ones in Wedderburn/Gowar/Williamson/Tuke/Butler. The rooms and kitchens are smaller, though, and you only get a single bed.
Original post by gm15
Don't mean to sound rude but its not that hard to go onto the uni site and search campus map...its the first result
I did it for you

yup I did exactly that :smile: You know what would be great? If someone could actually format the information that way (one graphic, etc.) on the first page.

Thanks for the help, and no you didn't sound rude, more exasperated than anything else :smile:
Reply 26
Hey, this seems really helpful, so I'm thinking I'll pop in. I'm moving into a single room in Founders in January..could anyone maybe post some pictures of their room for me? I would realllly appreciate it! Thank you! [:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending