The Student Room Group

Have you ever been called ugly?

I am interested in the responses to this as I have been called 'ugly' a few times in my life and obviously it affected me. On two occasions it was by strangers in the street. Once a boy stopped me and said 'excuse me' and when I turned around he just said 'You're ugly' :rolleyes:

So it affected my self esteem and when I got to college and a few guys asked me out I was amazed. My confidence had gotten so low that I didn't think it possible that anyone would like me. Things are very different now.

Have you ever been called ugly and did it affect your self esteem?

Also I'd like to hear from anyone who's never been called ugly or who have ever called someone else ugly (to their face) ...

Scroll to see replies

I have :cry: By some mental girl at my college. I was just like 'Errr yeah okay, gorgeous yourself though :wink:'' and walked off. Sarcasm always wins! Then went home and cried about it.

And probably a few times at the very beginning of high school when I really was a little munter.
Reply 2
I haven't to my face, probably because I'm too hideous to talk to. :awesome:
Reply 3
My flatmate calls me ugly quite a lot. Ahh looking forward to the next year with him...
Reply 4
Yes quite alot actually.

Secondary school boys can be so cruel.
Sakura-Chan
I have :cry: By some mental girl at my college. I was just like 'Errr yeah okay, gorgeous yourself though :wink:'' and walked off. Sarcasm always wins! Then went home and cried about it.

And probably a few times at the very beginning of high school when I really was a little munter.

Hey you're not ugly , you're gorgeous !. Have a :hugs:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Also check my sig " Don't judge a book by it's cover ". People are to shallow nowwa days it's not good !. :frown:
Never (I'm not the girl in my avatar though).

EDIT: Well ok I have twice, once by a girl at school who was a size 20 and once by a boy with no teeth (seriously) after I told him to gtfo because I was studying in a classroom. But it didn't affect my self-esteem because ... she was a size 20 and he had no teeth. :awesome:
fatal
My flatmate calls me ugly quite a lot. Ahh looking forward to the next year with him...

You do not look ugly. Your flatmate is a being a dickhead.
Yep, but not since I finished secondary school. It still hurts to think about it though... :frown:

When someone says something to you often enough, you can start to believe it; and it takes an awful long time to convince yourself otherwise. :o:
Reply 9
lmao i remember one time in a lesson a girl walked into our class and a friend of mine was like 'eerrr your uglyy' haha gd timess yes...
Yeah I got called ugly in a PM from a lovely TSR-ian and in a couple of neg reps.

Never been called ugly to my face though - people probably know I'd floor 'em if they did haha.
Reply 11
Sakura-Chan

You are not ugly.
Its horrible thing to say because some people don't think its bad thing to say but they dont realise how much it hurts the persons feelings.
Ilora-Danon
Yeah I got called ugly in a PM from a lovely TSR-ian and in a couple of neg reps.

Never been called ugly to my face though - people probably know I'd floor 'em if they did haha.

wow, harsh :eek:
Reply 13
Yes
but...

" I don't look like Halle Berry. But chances are, she's going to end up looking like me."
Whoopi Goldberg.

:yep:
Not that I know of...:unsure:
Reply 15
I get called it on a daily basis by strangers in the street, pensioners, my mother, but I've got a massive penis so, you know...joke's on them, right?
I've been called ugly by some boys who hate me. Other than that, no, surprisingly. Just been called very pale lol
I've been called ugly a million times , sometimes to my face , it hurts. But I've been told I'm handsome aswell. So I'm not to sure where I stand somewhere in the middle sounds right. But god damn does it hurt when someone says you're ugly. :frown:
Reply 18
Yes a few times.

It does affect everyones self-esteem and it does for me. Well judge for yourself on my profile pic. :frown:
Reply 19
Banquo
I get called it on a daily basis by strangers in the street, pensioners, my mother, but I've got a massive penis so, you know...joke's on them, right?

I lol'd :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending