The Student Room Group

Have you ever been called ugly?

Scroll to see replies

More times than I'd care to remember, thanks!
yes in high school and primary, i cnt remeber exact occasions but probably several times to my face and behind my bak but in a way i knew about it. I had the whole braces, glasses, shy and kinda strange thing going on in early high school. When i was younger i felt really ugly though and i wanted to be pretty like most girls so yes i would say it does affect people. Now i'm happy with myself because i realise some people will find me attractive whilst i'l not be someone elses cup of tea and thats cool cos i have self esteem now, maybe thats cos i'v had a few boyfriends who knows
Reply 182
A few times, so either they were bluffing to make me feel bad or I'm so ugly that people daren't even joke about it. :P
I have, and like you it did affect me for a while, but let me assure you you are NOT ugly at all. Everyone is beautiful in their own way- I have spoke to many people I went to school with since and they have sucked up to me SO much with the whole 'it was just people putting you down' part (as well as the realisation I had that they really aren't all that themselves!) :rolleyes:.
I don't understand why people say these things, unless it is just a way of them getting attention or to make people/themselves think of their looks highly.
Just look at the people who say this, for a long time, and you'll realise that they aren't the next beauty queen or Mr. Universe- they are just scared little kids. What makes them seem 'more attractive' is their attitude/friends/confidence.
Things will change- when you grow in confidence you will think highly of yourself without really caring what other peoples oppinions are- as long as you're happy with yourself, everything's kool. :cool:
Yes I have. It hurt at the time but I'm over it.
No not really. Well not that i know of.
Can't say I've ever been called ugly, I feel left out.

Thats not an invite to call me ugly btw lol.
Miss_Scarlett
Yes I have, on here mainly.

Well from looking at your profile picture, they're wrong and jealous.
Reply 188
People call me by my name. :smile:
Arteta
Hahaha dude your signature is possibly the strangest thing i've seen. First of all why are Jay-Z and Gervais in the same photo? What's this from?
Second of all those lights land on Jay-Z's eyes perfectly.
Third of all, why are all 3 people doing weird things? hahah

lol it was at a coldplay concert, they were all dancing i think.:p:
Only once to my face: last saturday I was in the pub (was, admittedly, quite drunk) talking to this guy and I asked him something, then he was like, "only if you kiss me" so I ended up getting with him and he was literally the worst kisser ever. I then proceeded to tell everyone just how bad he was, so he came over and was like, "you're an ugly, ugly person" and I just laughed and said "can't be that ugly if you just asked me to kiss you"

I do, however, think I deserved it; considering I slated his 'technique'.
I felt baaaaaad the next day :frown:
Never directly been called ugly, but a lot of comments have been made about my face which would suggest ugliness.
mysticdreamer
Yea all the way through secondary school and I can't trust guys anymore, they have to really prove to me that they like me for me. Even my ex told me he only went out with me because he felt sorry for me and that he would be the best bf i would ever go out with

Well doesn't he sound like a sweetheart? :rolleyes:
I assure you you will find someone MUCH, MUCH better!
Gibb~
Yes a few times.

It does affect everyones self-esteem and it does for me. Well judge for yourself on my profile pic. :frown:

You're not ugly at all. You're cute. :yep:
Reply 194
ArcadiaHouse
Never (I'm not the girl in my avatar though).

EDIT: Well ok I have twice, once by a girl at school who was a size 20 and once by a boy with no teeth (seriously) after I told him to gtfo because I was studying in a classroom. But it didn't affect my self-esteem because ... she was a size 20 and he had no teeth. :awesome:

this, but ironically it was by an ex-boyfriend who texted to ask if he was good looking. When I said no, he felt the need to say that him and all his friends think I'm ugly.
Never to my face, but apparently my younger sister's friend told her that she was prettier than me :laugh:
Yes. Plenty of times. I was probably called ugly every day for weeks when I was being bullied in primary school. Damn, girls know how to completely break someone down! :no:
yeah like these sort of low class girls in the farmer community where ik grew up ..... if u dont want to have sex with them ...they become really pissed and call u homo and ugly and unspecial ....

so i ve been called ugly a milion times and ive got red hair and my teeth are like madonna ...with a large whole in the middle and i got purple freckles ......

later in life i moved to the city and became a well paid photo model ha ha .... ironic how things in ones life can change so hughely

later in my life i like girls with something wrong about it ha ha like very odd teeth and stuff or with scars an dissabilities ....
i've been called 'butterz' in year 7 :'( and some nasty things from the best brother ever as well as ***** in school who don't like the fact that i'm "goth". kids
Reply 199
Never.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending