The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Your first impressions of Manchester

What were peoples first impressions when they visited.

I was well impressed with Piccadilly station then we got lost and a big issue man sent us past oxford road when we were looking for Cambridge halls, so wasnt all too impressed and then we found the business school and once again I wasnt impressed :frown:

But then found Cambridge and Oxford halls and they looked better then I expect. We eventually got into the main city centre and god was I impressed with piccadilly gardens and exchange square and the shops were sooo big. We also found a nice chinese and the people were really polite. Before we went, we had a drink on canal street in a nice little club and once again everyone was really polite and there was a good atmosphere.

Overall when I got back to Newcastle I was gutted that I had to return. All I can say is bring on September :biggrin:
Reply 1
IF YOUR NOT MANC, YOUR W8NK! ****FACT*****

Manchester has got alot more to offer than where you have mentioned above. Easily the best city in Britain. And THE best student city.
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2
stonedrose
IF YOUR NOT MANC, YOUR W8NK! ****FACT*****

Manchester has got alot more to offer than where you have mentioned above. Easily the best city in Britain. And THE best student city.

I was only there for 8 hours tho lol
Reply 3
I love Manchester, my bf is a Mancunian so I'm down there quite often.
It has alot to offer nightlife, sorts, there is so much to do.
Really how can you not enjoy it?
The last time I was in manchester I got a sandwich from Tescos and I thought it was just chicken and the stuffing was like butter with a fancy name. Then my mum told me what stuffing was and I threw up everywhere all over my brother and everything, it was a long journey home with all the windows down.
Ive not been back since :no:
Reply 5
Sweet by and
The last time I was in manchester I got a sandwich from Tescos and I thought it was just chicken and the stuffing was like butter with a fancy name. Then my mum told me what stuffing was and I threw up everywhere all over my brother and everything, it was a long journey home with all the windows down.
Ive not been back since :no:

LOL u really didnt no what stuffin was haha
Reply 6
LOVED IT!!! hope I get in!!!! :smile:
paul1989
LOL u really didnt no what stuffin was haha

I was like 9, I can't even look at stuffing since that day.
If only they told me beforehand :frown:
Reply 8
Sweet by and
I was like 9, I can't even look at stuffing since that day.
If only they told me beforehand :frown:

ohhh, i have a stomach of steel nothing puts me off haha
Reply 9
Oh I LOVE chicken and stuffing lmfao :]
That it was ******* awesome? I, too, managed to get completely lost. Which I found was all part of the fun :biggrin:
Reply 11
I got lost looking around the uni, and I've lived in Manchester all my life :blush:
Reply 12
I got lost to :] I'm sure we'll be alright.
Reply 13
very very nice!!

i have offer from brighton and manmet.
in fact, i feel brighton is good but just like a bit holiday place.
but, man met is totally small version of london,i would say.
not tooo verwhelming but just lovely. and i do love my studying
there a lot.:biggrin:
Reply 14
I only seen the uni by chance and that was on my to a gig in Manchester Academy and it looked like a really nice area.
So I'm happy.
Reply 15
i thought WOAHH the station was huge and something out of harry potter LOL

got lost asked this pcso for directions who was really helpful and took the long walk down oxford road to all saints campus.

loadsa chinese people and i have heard that manchester is full of asians (im asian) so i was suprised to see like 5 LOL.

met this girl who is a total dumbo. she thought me and my friend were sisters, after me and my friend stopped laughing we proceeded to tell her that no we're not, im indian and shes chinese. LMAO

thank god she wasnt frm the manchester area..

dint get to see much of the city but did visit primark before we came home as it was late and my friend was tired... was impressed with the halls aswel :biggrin: x

Latest

Trending

Trending