The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I wanna have sex.
We're in the small egg, (im)patiently waiting to meet Mr Right (aka sperm) :awesome:

But seriously, I don't think we're anywhere before we're born. We simply don't exist. Yet.
Gr8
I wanna have sex.

Me too :/
Real bad.
With someone.
Reply 43
Scientists don't know this .... why would students of this forum know this?

Interesting question though :wink:
I just believe that science doesn't have the answers yet and probably won't in our lifetime.
Answers to what? Are answers really needed for something that has absolutely no evidence to it at all?
I've not researched quantum mechanics at all but do you think it explains why/how we can control how the atoms in our body interact?
Reply 47
Lefty Leo
I MIGHT be wrong here, but as far as i'm aware, we're in our mummies' wombs.

Seriously, we can feel and have emotions before we're born. We just don't remember any of it. It's not as if life magically "begins" the moment we come out of the womb.

this. we don't remember anything because the memory part of our brain hasn't formed properly until a while after we're born.
_Bright Eyes
I've not researched quantum mechanics at all but do you think it explains why/how we can control how the atoms in our body interact?

You don't really need quantum mechanics for that, and that's not really a valid question; you don't have control over an awful lot of your body's interactions. You have no say in whether haemoglobin binds with oxygen, nor do you have any say in how fast your heart beats. There are precious few things you can actually control. You can't say to yourself 'Right, I'm going to stop respiring now' and actually do it. A lot of cells 'govern' themselves, and these affect the way other cells 'govern' themselves in turn. You really have almost no control over your actual body, and probably even less control over your mind.
Reply 49
The same place you are when you die.
Reply 50
Cultivated
Me too :/
Real bad.
With someone.

unlucky

:awesome:
Reply 51
Srxjer
The same place you are when you die.

ladies and gentlemen, WE HAVE A WINNER
Reply 52
maxfire
ladies and gentlemen, WE HAVE A WINNER

Indubitably
You don't really need quantum mechanics for that, and that's not really a valid question; you don't have control over an awful lot of your body's interactions. You have no say in whether haemoglobin binds with oxygen, nor do you have any say in how fast your heart beats. There are precious few things you can actually control. You can't say to yourself 'Right, I'm going to stop respiring now' and actually do it. A lot of cells 'govern' themselves, and these affect the way other cells 'govern' themselves in turn. You really have almost no control over your actual body, and probably even less control over your mind.

In saying almost no control, what parts do you think we have control over? For example, if I said I'm going to stand up, am I controlling the thought itself and am I controlling the reactions that occur leading to the event?
maxfire
unlucky

I'm a girl, I can always/easily find objects to have sex with = lucky

_Bright Eyes
In saying almost no control, what parts do you think we have control over? For example, if I said I'm going to stand up, am I controlling the thought itself and am I controlling the reactions that occur leading to the event?

You have control over movement and conscious thought, but precious little else. The rest of your body tends to work on automatic; in catching a ball, you perform an awful lot of calculating without realising it, but you couldn't write down what you've just actually had to work out to do it. This is the sort of thing I mean. Everything you do can be explained by chemical reactions, but it doesn't mean you can actually keep track of them yourself.
We were waiting to happen.
Cultivated

O_o
Indubitably
You have control over movement and conscious thought, but precious little else. The rest of your body tends to work on automatic; in catching a ball, you perform an awful lot of calculating without realising it, but you couldn't write down what you've just actually had to work out to do it. This is the sort of thing I mean. Everything you do can be explained by chemical reactions, but it doesn't mean you can actually keep track of them yourself.

Yeah. I just don't understand how we control conscience thought. Since thought itself is the product of a reaction?
Reply 59
Cultivated

Please don't waste huge chunks of space with nothing please.
kthxbai

Latest

Trending

Trending