The Student Room Group
Well what about it do you find interesting? What do you hope to gain from a career in law (besides money!)? This isn't really a question anybody can answer for you - it's about you.
just say your intrested in resolving cases achieving justice and add abit more bull.
Reply 3
Depends on the type of law you want to go into. My answer is very much driven by the analytical and technical nature of the law and the innovation and creativity that comes with applying it. But then I'm also very interested in the application in a commercial context because I'm interested in the commercial context as much as the legal. For me law is about approaching client problems from legal, commercial and multi-disciplinary perspectives.

But as everyone so far has said, correctly IMHO, your decision on why to pursue a career in law is fundementally unique to you - and your "journey" towards reaching your decision. Good luck.
The essential reason for nearly everybody is "I'm interested in law". The key is to make it sound convincing. You do this by being very specific: you need to explain precisely what it is about the work which interests you. A good way to do this is to choose a specific department in the firm you are applying to that you are particularly interested in, and explain why.
Reply 5
_xAnonymous
just say your intrested in resolving cases achieving justice and add abit more bull.

Don't say this if you're applying to commercial law firms (which I assume you mean by 2011 TC?) as it doesn't relate to the work that they do. I take a more practical approach than the above posters (though what they have said is equally as applicable): I give details of my various experience eg. competitions I've done, work experience, reading. But that is because all of these things added weight to my conviction that I wanted to pursue a legal career, as someone has written above, this is really a question which is specific to you as an applicant.

Latest

Trending

Trending