The Student Room Group
Reply 1
That's for people who have done 2 years pre-med or bachelors, its like the 4 year postgrad courses in the UK, which is the norm in North America. You can be a doctor in 3 years at McMaster university in Canada (runs through the summer).
Its a postgraduate course...
Reply 3
It's possible if your parents are bloody rich. Have you seen the fees at SGU?
Or, if you are really rich, and moral-less, you could go to a third-world country and pay some corrupt official to register you there.

Dr. C.Rook at your service.
Reply 5
They already gain a degree!

Its postgraduate.
You can over here in reality it takes 7 years as that course is for people who already have a undergraduate degree and are aiming to do another.

So 3yrs undergraduate Bsc + 4yrs Postgraduate entry medicine = 7yrs
Reply 7
Lord_Farquad
http://www.sgu.edu/som/doctor-medicine.html

"Students wishing to achieve the medical degree may enter the program during the Premedical Sciences as part of the 7-, 6- or 5-year program, or enter directly into the four-year program beginning with the first year of Medical Sciences, which is when most students from North America begin."

How the **** is this even possible?

That's my back up..

I got four med schools in mind and two international universities..
Reply 8
ghanglish
It's possible if your parents are bloody rich. Have you seen the fees at SGU?

Those fees are chump change compared to what I pay to go to Stanford. Try $50K+ a year.
Reply 9
And I don't think that it requires an undergrad. I know someone who is at SGU straight after A levels and he will have his MD in 2013....he started in 2008.......The don't get an undergrad degree only some sort of BS PCGCE or something.
Lord_Farquad
Those fees are chump change compared to what I pay to go to Stanford. Try $50K+ a year.

Meh...alright for some :wink: . How come you went to America and didn't stay in the UK?
ghanglish
Meh...alright for some :wink: . How come you went to America and didn't stay in the UK?

Top 5 world university,beach, nice weather, babes ........ Why would I choose Oxford over that? :biggrin:
Lord_Farquad
Top 5 world university,beach, nice weather, babes ........ Why would I choose Oxford over that? :biggrin:

Lol...fair enough
Reply 13
Yes, you can gain a medical degree from SGU, the question is, what are you going to do with it? :wink:
Renal
Yes, you can gain a medical degree from SGU, the question is, what are you going to do with it? :wink:

Apparently they have placement agreements with US and UK hospitals so erm........become a doctor?
Reply 15
Lord_Farquad
Apparently they have placement agreements with US and UK hospitals so erm........become a doctor?
They can't just place their graduates in the UK. To work in the UK they will be PLABing - which is not easy, not cheap and most certainly not quick. More fool you for believing the sales pitch.
Renal
They can't just place their graduates in the UK. To work in the UK they will be PLABing - which is not easy, not cheap and most certainly not quick. More fool you for believing the sales pitch.

erm.....I didn't believe the sales pitch that's why I posted here :rolleyes: , I believed the student who is working in the UK.

Latest

Trending

Trending