The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aliluvschoc

:coma:

I've stopped playing yellow on my phone because I'm getting the new pokemon game on Friday and I'm currently in spaz mode over it. :dance:

And the pikachu was crap. And I caught a dratini but it's really weak.

I'm such a loser :emo:

:crazy:

Dratini is awesome in that it will become dragonite :yep:
I caught it in the Safari Zone. :colone:

I was tempted to get a DS emulator for my Desire... though I do have a DS myself it would just be nice to have one in my pocket when I'm bored on the bus or something. Only problem is they wouldn't handle wifi trading? I want to trade my pokemanz :colondollar:

I guess I'll just stick to the Game Boy emulators for the old school games.

The emulators eat up my battery so I can't really play it as much as I'd like when I'm out on my phone.

Even if I did get a DS, I wouldn't know anyone to trade my Pokemon with. But I thinking that you still have to have one of those link cables... which are ancient. So I guess I could just wifi trade with anyone then?
Sorry guys but I have never played pokemon
What emulator are people using and where can you get the roms
Original post by MasterJomi
The emulators eat up my battery so I can't really play it as much as I'd like when I'm out on my phone.

Even if I did get a DS, I wouldn't know anyone to trade my Pokemon with. But I thinking that you still have to have one of those link cables... which are ancient. So I guess I could just wifi trade with anyone then?

You can trade over wifi on the DS http://www.serebii.net/chat-wifi.shtml people always go on here to trade. And battle too and all that shizzle. I just don't think the emulators have that built in, and they do guzzle the battery too. I usually play mine with the charger plugged in.
You can trade over wifi on the DS http://www.serebii.net/chat-wifi.shtml people always go on here to trade. And battle too and all that shizzle. I just don't think the emulators have that built in, and they do guzzle the battery too. I usually play mine with the charger plugged in.

Yeah pretty much this.

I used to play on my DS I had one of those illegal card things that lets you hold loads of games for free. You could download a program that lets you hack your pokemon saves and place any pokemon in your party or storage box, edit their moveset, level, nature, everything. Really cheapens the game but it's fun using a level 100 magikarp with like 255 attack
Original post by bigmo7
Yeah I do, doesn't seem to be much help though :K:

:yes: I think it is...

If you go to battery history and then look at CPU usage, it should tell you what process has been chewing through your battery.

Original post by G8D
Not quite yet though :wink:

I suppose but Engadget gave it a really good write up
Reply 3989
Original post by G8D
Not quite yet though :wink:

You can't pull the battery out? :hmmm: That used to cause a few problems with my phone but only on the off chance...wonder what it does with the Atrix.
Original post by bigmo7

Original post by bigmo7
You can't pull the battery out? :hmmm: That used to cause a few problems with my phone but only on the off chance...wonder what it does with the Atrix.

Universe ending paradox :wink:
I have no idea what Android is like, although I'm looking into getting a HTC Legend soon. :teeth:
Original post by G8D
Legend?

Yeah I'm being serious, why?
Original post by spikeymike

Yeah I'm being serious, why?

I'd go with something like a Desire, the legend is really quite old now

Edit:and I don't think it can run flash
Original post by wizard710
I'd go with something like a Desire, the legend is really quite old now

Edit:and I don't think it can run flash

The thing with the newer HTCs are that they are so 'big' - i'm upgrading from a SE C902, thats a pretty damn slim phone and I really don't want anything much bigger even if it is just a few mms. :redface:

It does work with Youtube as I've seen on reviews.
Original post by G8D
Legend is old now. It was an incremental upgrade to the Hero and it pales in comparison to what's on offer now. Plus I doubt it will be updated beyond 2.2.
It is a pretty sexy looking phone though.

I'd recommend you to get a Desire/Desire HD or even the Desire S (though I suspect that may exceed your budget?).
Even the OSF would be a better choice if only for the slight speed improvement and much better screen.

I realise it's old, but it's bloody good phone IMO, and it seems to be the right size for me that has everything that I'll ever need.

Like I said above, size is an issue for me. Dislike the OSF. :redface:

Edit:
Fair enough Youtube is an app, but I doubt I'll watch that many, being a CS student, got easy access to a computer whether at uni or at home.
(edited 13 years ago)

I realise it's old, but it's bloody good phone IMO, and it seems to be the right size for me that has everything that I'll ever need.

The pixels are worth the slightly larger size, trust
Reply 3997
We're getting Gingerbread in March :teeth:
Reply 3998

Edit:
Fair enough Youtube is an app, but I doubt I'll watch that many, being a CS student, got easy access to a computer whether at uni or at home.

How comes?

Edit:

seriously mate, I had an iPhone ages and thought meh I never use flash. Then I got my DHD and was like wtf how much flash can I now see that I just didnt see before. e.g bbc news website, or tvcatchup.com etc. Moral of my story: flash is good

Latest

Trending

Trending