The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Kevin J
I've got a Hero on Orange, when is Android 2.1 being released on it?

You'll need to wait for your carrier, unless your phone is unlocked in which it's already been released.
Ducklighter
If I unlock the phone will that mean it's unbranded or still on 3?

It will still be 3 branded, unless of course you put unbranded firmware on manually.
Bah, did the put the date forward trick and got the part 1 of the update and between downloading it and installing it mum asked me to text her details for our holidays so I had to delay installing it. Now I can't get it to install and the putting the date forward trick doesn't work nor does setting the clock

EDIT: Put it forward to september and it is updating now :smile:
wizard710
Bah, did the put the date forward trick and got the part 1 of the update and between downloading it and installing it mum asked me to text her details for our holidays so I had to delay installing it. Now I can't get it to install and the putting the date forward trick doesn't work nor does setting the clock

EDIT: Put it forward to september and it is updating now :smile:

what trick is this please? htc are pissing me off lol, haven't even got the first FOTA update notification yet

nvm did a bit of googling myself
Push the date forward and the phone automagically checks for a new update

This update is taking forever
ok....... my phone kinda switched off by itself, did the loading bar, switched back on and now its stuck on htc :s
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
ok....... my phone kinda switched off by itself, did the loading bar, switched back on and now its stuck on htc :s

Just leave it, should sort itself out

At least that's what I'm hoping mine will do
wizard710
Just leave it, should sort itself out

At least that's what I'm hoping mine will do

lol its sorted itself out now but now it's downloading something else wtf? i've downloaded 3 files now, thought there were 2 updates?
yay 2.1 finally, and i'm liking this :biggrin:
yay 2.1 finally, and i'm liking this :biggrin:

full 2.1?
wizard710
full 2.1?

what do you mean by full?
what do you mean by full?

rather than just part 1?
wizard710
rather than just part 1?

yea the full 2.1 - i got all 3 updates in one go. Set the date to 2011 instead
yea the full 2.1 - i got all 3 updates in one go. Set the date to 2011 instead

Haha wow. I think I will try that or do you have an unbranded phone
wizard710
Haha wow. I think I will try that or do you have an unbranded phone

i bought it from carphone warehouse under a vodafone contract so i dunno if that makes my phone branded or not lol - it has no branding as such on it though so in that sense no it isn't but whether or not it's sim locked i have no idea
lol i only just realised i forgot to reset my date on my phone and for some strange reason my phone reset itself to 1980
Reply 1596
^does this work on the Magic too?
Carl
^does this work on the Magic too?

No it is the hero 2.1 update

Bah, reset my phone and tried the update again and it has just hanged at the same place last time. Doesn't seem to be updating at all
How the **** to I get out of fast boot
Disconfigured
I'm not happy

Why bother waiting for the official update? Just geta hacked version - there's plenty out there. Actually if you do do this, just get Froyo instead.
Ducklighter
If I unlock the phone will that mean it's unbranded or still on 3?

Unlocking the phone just means you can utilise any service provider. To get rid of the branding will require rooting or flashing depending on the phone you've got.

My Desire I've had to root and flash to get rid of the Orange apps that were cemented to my ROM. But now I can do apps2sd and am using Froyo when it's only out on the Nexus One.

Desire won't be getting the official update until September. By September I'll be sure to have a hacked version of Gingerbread on it!:woo:

Latest

Trending

Trending