The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 1
You'll love London, it's fantastic. Even if I wasn't born here, I'd still say it outdoes New York ten times over.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Are there open basketball courts in London?
Reply 3
I'm an overseas postgrad student....from Virginia, USA. I am excited and nervous too, but really looking forward to moving to London. I was wondering the same question about when to move. I want to arrive just a few days before orientation starts, and im guessing that'll early-mid september? Also, since i applied for accommodations....I'll have to plan around when the halls open, so maybe arrive a day or two before that.
Reply 4
Which hall have you listed as your first choice? :smile:
Reply 5
The accomodation office said that you can check in from 17th of september, so i booked my plane ticket to arrive then. They did say that you can arrive up to 3 days earlier than 17th and check in if you really need to but if so, you'll need to contact them.
Reply 6
L.A. Woman
Which hall have you listed as your first choice? :smile:

I'm based mostly at waterloo, so I chose Stamford St. Apts as my first choice, followed by Great Dover St. apts and 3rd, International Hall. Does anyone know if the Sept 17th move-in day applies to all accommodations?

It's going to be interesting packing...I'm going to want to bring everything with me...ugh...how to pick and choose. I'll probably bring stuff you can't get there in the UK...like oreos :smile:
Reply 7
Hi there,

I'll be moving in from Belgium later this year. MSc AT, Denmark Hill campus. Still have to apply for the Stanford Street Ap.
Any other overseas postgrads applying there?
Good to know that we can move in 3 days prior to the 17th.
Whoever is bringing Oreo cookies, I would love a box too. The last batch I brought from Dubai!!

Greetz,

Elsita
Reply 8
I'm an overseas postgrad and I'll probably put Stamford St. as my first choice, too.

My course is at the Strand campus, so that would be ideal. My second choice will probably be Great Dover St., and then International Hall or another Intercollegiate Hall.

and I'll definitely be bringing Oreos and anything else I can fit.
Reply 9
When are you all flying in and from where? It would be nice to see from which corners of the world we are coming.

And I still haven't received any of my papers. So I can't even apply for accomodation yet.

How long do you normally have to wait to :
receive the offer
receive accomodation papers
receive accomodation approval

thanks
Reply 10
I'm flying in from Kansas City, MO. I heard that you receive accomodation approval/designation at the end of July. :smile:

Elsita
When are you all flying in and from where? It would be nice to see from which corners of the world we are coming.

And I still haven't received any of my papers. So I can't even apply for accomodation yet.

How long do you normally have to wait to :
receive the offer
receive accomodation papers
receive accomodation approval

thanks
Reply 11
Good question,
how do you figure out how much it will cost to extend. I guess we just have to call the hall we get assigned to and ask.
My program also lasts longer than the normal 40 weeks.

Thanks, now I know I don't have to worry if I don't hear anything from accomodation this month (or next for that matter).

And so we have three Americans and a Belgian so far. YEAH for me (the Belgian) ; that means more people to import Oreo cookies and Chips Ahoy chewy chocolate chip cookies!! :biggrin:
Hi,
I will also be an American overseas postgrad at Kings. However, I won't be there this year, I am deferring for one year so I can work and save up some more! How long are your programs, will any of you still be here next year? :smile:

Latest