The Student Room Group

My offer has be withdrawn after a change in fee status

I applied for Philosophy in October to Edinburgh. Basically by the time of applying, I was still waiting for my settled status decision, and by the time I got my offer I have obtained settled status, and have submitted a fee status questionnaire. However, Edinburgh said they would have to withdraw my offer and reassess with other RUK people.I'm so shocked that a university can withdraw an offer on the basis on fee status :frown: Would appreciate any advice on anything I could do for now
(edited 2 months ago)
Scottish universities have strict systems in place to make up for their free university system. They have quotas on the numbers they can accept because of funding. Overseas students are not covered by this and pay far higher fees so they will accept overseas students without the same restrictions. What has probably happened is your settled status means you are paying home fees rather than overseas fees and this is why they have withdrawn the offer.
This is a very specific scenario that sometimes plays out with Scottish unis I’m afraid.
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending