Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Workout Music Thread

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by romeosbitch)
    any music that has sex appeal eg Promiscious by Nelly Furtado, SexyBack by Jt, to be sexy is the reason im in there!
    Sooo... if everyone had songs that matched why they were there... peoples' playlists would be full of songs that had "fatness" and "fitness" in it... which aren't many. :rolleyes:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Everytime We Touch - Cascada

But normally Lostprophets and Green Day keep me going!

[EDIT] Oh, and It's Raining Men by Geri Halliwell (it just came on :p:)
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    I use Rammstein's Sehnsucht album, cos it has a good beat to keep me going.
    Sometimes I also use classical music fused with dance.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I always listen to my mp3 whenever I'm doing things like running, or situps, just to keep my mind of what I'm doing and have some fun while burning off fat!

Just curious, how do others keep their minds focused, or unfocused in my case.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I talk to my trainer, and my best friend :p:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Music. I like to listen to Underworld in the gym. In fact, it's the only time I ever listen to them!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I listen to music too, it definately makes working out seems less like a chore, and time seems to go quicker. Its so much more enjoyable!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I watch TV when i'm doing anything ab related, and listen to my MP3 player when jogging...although, I did listen recently to a Radio 4 documentary about a play about bugs; didn't half put me off.

So much so, in fact, that I ended up spitting all over myself as a nice man walked round the corner with his dog. Eugh.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Music
    I'm going to start going jogging and I'll have my mp3 with me
    • 5 followers

(Original post by Stranded)
    Linkin park's OK but seeing that they spend half of their songs screaming like maniacs, I'd rather go with dance music :dontknow:
    #zomg#

That is all I have to say on the matter. :p:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    the most exerciese I do is dance, so obviously there's music there, but I also sometimes do jogging and am in cross country team etc, and what I like about that is that there is just me and that's really nice and refreshing.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n u c l e a r b u d d h a)
    #zomg#

That is all I have to say on the matter. :p:
    Well, when you have someone screaming in your ear, it makes you want to run away faster. :ninja:
    • 5 followers

Linkin Park very rarely do, though... that's why I was so surprised to see that comment. :p:
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I just watch sky sports when im on the running machine ( got a tv attached to it )
    • 165 followers

ReputationRep:
    Music and/or reading (in the gym, if it's a machine that will support something like a newspaper - nothing too technical, of course )
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I listen to music all the time, regardless :p:

Except when I'm at work Which I'm going to now in about 5 mins.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't usually listen to dance music but on the treadmill/other cardio etc it really improves my motivation.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I focus on my training.

If you need distracting, I suggest you find some other form of exercise that you enjoy.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    listen to me ipod wenever at the gym..helps pass the time and keep the mind off the pain..jus dun get the wires tangled in the equipment..ARGH! not nice..
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    i listen to music, play on my brothers game boy and read. i just use an exercise bike so i dont need to have my hands occupied haha. i cant wait until summer when i can go out bike riding instead of having to stay in to keep fit!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 13, 2014
New on TSR

Join the Welcome Squad

Become a part of the TSR team!

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

Exercise tipsNutrition advice

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.