The Student Room Group

Diamond labs ECA 30+ Stack?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Scipio
Whats your BMR?

1.8k is a standard I would advise for most guys, then exercise a lot.

BMR of 1871.48 ah right cool, ill take that on board
Reply 21
Brotherhood
You will lose fat. You will also lose muscle mass, feel like crap, be dehydrated, deficient in fats, vitamins and minerals and be lucky not to completely **** yourself up. But you're obviously not willing to listen so have fun!

Never really said i wasnt willing to listen, just telling you what ive read lol
antdac

That's what you need to eat to stay alive. If you're weight training three times a week you need to consume 2,900, to lose weight doing this 2,400Kcal. So you're under-eating by 10,500Kcal a week.
Reply 23
Brotherhood
That's what you need to eat to stay alive. If you're weight training three times a week you need to consume 2,900, to lose weight doing this 2,400Kcal. So you're under-eating by 10,500Kcal a week.

Ah right lol, damn its good that i posted this on here lol. Thanks :smile:
Reply 24
antdac

Assuming you're quite sedentary outside of gyming it, you mutiple your BMR by 1.2, that's about 2245. Take 500 from that for a decent diet intake for fat loss, so 1745, ideally. Add at least 500 calories burnt off with exercise each day minimum, and you'll lose 2 lbs a week. Ephedrine might help you lose more, I think its effectiveness varies from person to person.

I myself right now am burning about 600-800 calories a day, and eating about 1.8k calories, lost about 5 pounds in 3 weeks, plateaued in this last week, I have a feeling I'll drop 2 more pounds by this time next week though.
Reply 25
Brotherhood

********. 3 weights sessions, averaging 1 hr for most people, doesn't equate to 655 more calories a day required vs a sedentary person. Just ********.
Reply 26
Scipio
Assuming you're quite sedentary outside of gyming it, you mutiple your BMR by 1.2, that's about 2245. Take 500 from that for a decent diet intake for fat loss, so 1745, ideally. Add at least 500 calories burnt off with exercise each day minimum, and you'll lose 2 lbs a week. Ephedrine might help you lose more, I think its effectiveness varies from person to person.

I myself right now am burning about 600-800 calories a day, and eating about 1.8k calories, lost about 5 pounds in 3 weeks, plateaued in this last week, I have a feeling I'll drop 2 more pounds by this time next week though.

Ah right cool, thanks.

You seem to be doing well. keep it up! You using ECA?
Reply 27
antdac
Ah right cool, thanks.

You seem to be doing well. keep it up! You using ECA?

From my post earlier.

Scipio
I been using sida cordifolia fron CNP and caffeine tabs from MP, don't bother with the Aspirin. Not sure if it's been helping all that much. I tend to run about 35-40km a week, row about 20km and cycle about 10km, on top of weights 3-4 x / week, so I'm sure most of my weight loss in the last 2 weeks has been a result of that.

Sida is a herbal source of Ephedrine, just not purified. I take the equivalent to 32mg ephedrine in the morning, then 24 a little later in the day, haven't noticed any changes in thermgenesis, makes me feel a bit sick though and I think I get a slight buzz, might just be the caffeine tablets though.
Scipio
********. 3 weights sessions, averaging 1 hr for most people, doesn't equate to 655 more calories a day required vs a sedentary person. Just ********.

Erm, no, you're wrong. The general figure you use for someone moderately active is 1.5-1.6, from the man Harris-Benedict himself.
Reply 29
Brotherhood
Erm, no, you're wrong. The general figure you use for someone moderately active is 1.5-1.6, from the man Harris-Benedict himself.

You're telling me 3 hrs of none-cardio activity a week counts as moderately active? Hah!
Reply 30
What you're essentially saying is each session of weights accounts for 1500 additional calories expended. Think about it.
Scipio
You're telling me 3 hrs of none-cardio activity a week counts as moderately active? Hah!

He's trying to lose weight, he's going to be doing some sort of cardio a few times a week, not to mention he's unlikely to be laid on the sofa all day. It adds up. You should always start at a baseline and adjust accordingly. There are a number of things influencing metabolic individuality, no one can say exactly what someone requires.

And forgetting all of that, 1.55 is the figure everyone uses and advises to use (I'm talking about the experts here, not you) for someone working out three to five times a week. It's a range. Like everything you must adjust to your own needs based upon observation.
Reply 32
Brotherhood
He's trying to lose weight, he's going to be doing some sort of cardio a few times a week, not to mention he's unlikely to be laid on the sofa all day. It adds up. You should always start at a baseline and adjust accordingly. There are a number of things influencing metabolic individuality, no one can say exactly what someone requires.

And forgetting all of that, 1.55 is the figure everyone uses and advises to use (I'm talking about the experts here, not you) for someone working out three to five times a week. It's a range. Like everything you must adjust to your own needs based upon observation.

If you'd read my previous posts, you'd realise I equated it to a sedentary lifestyle while excluding the gym work he'll be putting in.

Everyone uses it...uhh...who, and regardless, so what? The figures I'm pointing out to you are yet to be refuted. It's ridiculous to suggest his BMR is 2.9k on the basis of weights workout, and that is what you said, till this recent post. You say it's a range, even at 1.5, it's ridiculous.
Reply 33
Also, it's far more accurate to assume a sedentary BMR and then actually account for all activity, rather than using some meaningless range which can vary hugely.
Scipio
If you'd read my previous posts, you'd realise I equated it to a sedentary lifestyle while excluding the gym work he'll be putting in.

Everyone uses it...uhh...who, and regardless, so what? The figures I'm pointing out to you are yet to be refuted. It's ridiculous to suggest his BMR is 2.9k on the basis of weights workout, and that is what you said, till this recent post. You say it's a range, even at 1.5, it's ridiculous.

Why would you be equating it to a sedentary lifestyle? He's trying to lose weight. 1.2 would be a figure you would use for a sedentary person doing NO exercise.

Who? How about the guys that created the formula that you're using maybe? And the bodybuilders, nutritionists and fitness coaches whose routines you are probably using perhaps? Everyone with an ounce of sense?

A BMR of 2,900 as a starting point for someone active and working out at least three times a week seems reasonable to me. It's always better to use established base lines and then adjust as per results.

Not that I care for RDAs, but the government one is set at 2,500 for the average person doing very little. 1,745 is way too low for someone of his weight and that should be obvious. And then you're advising burning off another 500 calories making his BMR even higher than the original figure you're using.

As I said, it should be scaled down of up as activity fluctuates and body-type is taken into consideration, 1.55 is only an average, but it's a hell of a lot closer than 1.2.

But you obviously know more than all these people so we should take your word as gospel.
Reply 35
Brotherhood
Why would you be equating it to a sedentary lifestyle? He's trying to lose weight. 1.2 would be a figure you would use for a sedentary person doing NO exercise.

If you try and read my posts, perhaps you'd have picked up that I was quite clearly suggesting he add the accurate amount of calories he was burning from the exercise he was doing ontop of this figure, rather than using an additional .3-.4 multiplier which is far from accurate, as i've already proved.

Brotherhood

Who? How about the guys that created the formula that you're using maybe? And the bodybuilders, nutritionists and fitness coaches whose routines you are probably using perhaps? Everyone with an ounce of sense?

Okay, define for me a moderate level of daily activity, where does it say weights sessions 3 times a week equates to this? In addition, as I've already quite clearly calculated for you, that would mean 1500 calories/session, which is so completely wrong it's not even funny. Also, you're naming no names, you're giving me a general statement, may as well have not replied to that point.

Brotherhood
A BMR of 2,900 as a starting point for someone active and working out at least three times a week seems reasonable to me. It's always better to use established base lines and then adjust as per results.

Reasonable based on what? Also, as i've already mentioned, a baseline from sedentary on top of which you actually account for all your activity is far more useful and accurate.

Brotherhood
Not that I care for RDAs, but the government one is set at 2,500 for the average person doing very little. 1,745 is way too low for someone of his weight and that should be obvious. And then you're advising burning off another 500 calories making his BMR even higher than the original figure you're using.

I'm stating his baseline as being 2245, 1745 is the level after cutting 500 calories from his diet. 2.5k calories is what they reccommend for the average person, that average includes fit and athletic people, my number was based on a sedentary lifestyle, for reasons I've explained enough already

Brotherhood

But you obviously know more than all these people so we should take your word as gospel.

Hi, what people?

As for taking my word for gospel, look in the mirrior.You never seem to conceed points in this forum, I find this frustrating because you're clearly educated enough to make solid points, whether they're always right is another matter.
Francis Gano Benedict, James Arthur Harris, Tom Venuto, Thib, and hundreds of others. You find me one person who uses 1.2 for moderate activity.

You can't account for all activity, additional calories needed aren't just what you will burn in the hour at the gym. The facts are he isn't sedentary, whether your figure is based on that or not. I've tried the accounting for all calories thing before and it doesn't work.

How exactly have you proved it's far from accurate? Because you say so and you've pulled a few figures out of the air?

Moderate activity is moderate exercise three times a week. 1.2 is light activity 1-3 times a week. Where? A biometric study of basal metabolism in man by Harris and Benedict.

bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

You're quoting me all these figures thinking you know, being anal to a silly level. Believe me I've been there before, you can't do it. You can't know who's going to burn how much doing what. Which is why we use baselines and then scale down or up accordingly. It works much better.

It isn't as clear cut as saying he's going to be laid on the couch all day, burn 550 calories in precisely one hour at the gym and then that's it.

2,500 calories includes athletic people? If you were one I'm sure you'd know that that wasn't the case.

But you're just going to come back and say the same stuff so get off your high horse calling me stubborn. I am. I know. Because I'm usually right. When I'm wrong and it's proven I will admit so, I have done plenty of times in the past.

1.55 IS the general figure to use for someone training three times a week, you seem to think it's 1.2 as you used above. It's not. Real-world experience, if not the experts, should tell you this.
Reply 37
lolcakes
Reply 38
You're missing the point, and if you're still not able to see where i'm pulling these numbers from, maybe you need to look back at your beloved equations. Lets agree to disagree.
Reply 39
Scipio
You're missing the point, and if you're still not able to see where i'm pulling these numbers from, maybe you need to look back at your beloved equations. Lets agree to disagree.

What makes me laugh is how you are both wrong

you have no idea on what OP weighs/metabolism/activity

all you are doing is speculating which formula is best as if the human body is a maths problem

yes they serve as guides, but metabollic needs are subject to change

say if he has been eating 1000 calories for a long time, [not uncommon] his metabolism may have slowed down to accomdate for this, so for all u know.. even 1800 cals could make him fat

this is why I don't like counting calories/using a formula as such

just adjust from your current standpoint but if your current intake is far too low, work on building it up to a more reasonable level

Quick Reply

Latest