The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Edinburgh University Art

Hey is anyone on the painting course this year or other art courses at Edinburgh? I’d love to start a chat
Reply 1
Original post by fieldingpip_1
Hey is anyone on the painting course this year or other art courses at Edinburgh? I’d love to start a chat

Hey, I’m on the animation course this year.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
As someone who is applying to ECA around when did you guys get your offers?
Hey! I got my offer in mid April :smile:
Original post by fieldingpip_1
Hey! I got my offer in mid April :smile:

Hi! Do you have any portfolio tips or like any portfolio examples? I’m applying for illustration :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by EVMD17
Hey, I’m on the animation course this year.

Hi there, I'm looking to study animation at Edinburgh in the upcoming year, would it be alright if I could ask a few questions about the course and application process? Don't really see that many people applying to animation so I thought I'd try asking around.
Reply 6
Original post by awawawa
Hi there, I'm looking to study animation at Edinburgh in the upcoming year, would it be alright if I could ask a few questions about the course and application process? Don't really see that many people applying to animation so I thought I'd try asking around.

Yeah sure
Reply 7
Hiya! I was wondering how many people are accepted into the animation course per year? I don't anyone that goes to ECA and the EdinUni website says its a small class, so any clarifaction would be great.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 8
Original post by alexmgs
Hiya! I was wondering how many people are accepted into the animation course per year? I don't anyone that goes to ECA and the EdinUni website says its a small class, so any clarifaction would be great.

Hey :smile: - My class is roughly 20 people because the department is small. It’s good though because you get more 1:1 time with lecturers imo.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 9
Original post by EVMD17
My class is roughly 20 people because the department is small. It’s good though because you get more 1:1 time with lecturers imo.

Ah tysm. A small class does sound ideal, but I guess it's just more difficult to get in lol. Thank you again!
Original post by alexmgs
Ah tysm. A small class does sound ideal, but I guess it's just more difficult to get in lol. Thank you again!

No worries! Lmk if u have any other queries, there’s not many ECA animators on here- totally go for it though, it’s all about the portfolio :smile:
Original post by EVMD17
No worries! Lmk if u have any other queries, there’s not many ECA animators on here- totally go for it though, it’s all about the portfolio :smile:

Listen, it’s not only about the ECA cos you are in danger of forgetting about the very big element of showing your work in a portfolio!
Original post by EVMD17
Hey :smile: - My class is roughly 20 people because the department is small. It’s good though because you get more 1:1 time with lecturers imo.

I’m guessing they don’t just accept 20 people a year? I’m assuming there’s more than one first year class?
Original post by rebecca_wd
I’m guessing they don’t just accept 20 people a year? I’m assuming there’s more than one first year class?

It’s literally just 20 first years haha, the department very small. As is the film department which consists of 15 people (per year group)
Original post by EVMD17
It’s literally just 20 first years haha, the department very small. As is the film department which consists of 15 people (per year group)

Do you have an idea of how many there is in the fashion class (current first year)? I've got into fashion second year entry so im just curious as to how big my class is gonna be lol
Original post by mothdoll
Do you have an idea of how many there is in the fashion class (current first year)? I've got into fashion second year entry so im just curious as to how big my class is gonna be lol

I wouldn’t know sorry! I’d guess the class is like 20-25, but I don’t actually know anyone from fashion. Hope that helps a bit :smile:
Original post by awawawa

I’m starting 2nd Year entry at Animation next month! super nervous as i’m coming from an illustration background and obviously coming in at 2nd year when everyone else will have already been there a year 😅

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending