The Student Room Group

Worried I won’t get the grade I need for my 1st choice

I just completed my art foundation diploma and have firmed Edinburgh- ECA. I need to get a merit but not sure I have- other people ie friends and family have looked at my work and said they think I’ll get it but I didn’t write much in my sketchbooks so now I’m scared that I was too light on evaluating my work. I do have more writing on my tumblr page which the examiners will look at but I’m still scared. I think I have passed because my teacher said they would contact us and let us know if we had failed and would be given more time (but you could only get a pass). But yeah I know it’s every students worry at the moment but I would appreciate tips on coping until results day. I’m really anxious because I got lower grades than I wanted last year for my a levels- I was supposed to get AAB and got BBB. So as you can imagine I’m frightened that it happen again this year.

Any suggestions for not thinking about results day and coping perhaps with getting rejected from your first choice pls
I'm in the same boat as you, but for me covid has affected my learning negatively. Nothing really you can do except to not worry - just get through your exams if you have any and then enjoy the summer :smile:
Keep yourself busy through meditation and watching movies from netflix
Even if you don’t get a merit ECA will still consider you.

Do you have an insurance choice that you like?
Original post by EVMD17
I just completed my art foundation diploma and have firmed Edinburgh- ECA. I need to get a merit but not sure I have- other people ie friends and family have looked at my work and said they think I’ll get it but I didn’t write much in my sketchbooks so now I’m scared that I was too light on evaluating my work. I do have more writing on my tumblr page which the examiners will look at but I’m still scared. I think I have passed because my teacher said they would contact us and let us know if we had failed and would be given more time (but you could only get a pass). But yeah I know it’s every students worry at the moment but I would appreciate tips on coping until results day. I’m really anxious because I got lower grades than I wanted last year for my a levels- I was supposed to get AAB and got BBB. So as you can imagine I’m frightened that it happen again this year.
Any suggestions for not thinking about results day and coping perhaps with getting rejected from your first choice pls

Hi I’m in the exact same position this year doing my foundation and need a merit to get into Edinburgh. I was wondering if you ended up there or if you got in without passing? Just cause I am STRESSED aha.

Thankyou xx
Reply 5
Original post by B1bag0ymer
Hi I’m in the exact same position this year doing my foundation and need a merit to get into Edinburgh. I was wondering if you ended up there or if you got in without passing? Just cause I am STRESSED aha.
Thankyou xx

I got a merit and got in 😁

Good luck with your final project! X

Quick Reply

Latest