I have got UCAS Points Calculator Results

Subject Course Type Grade Points
biology GCE A Level D 60
chemistry GCE A Level C 80
english language GCE A Level B 100
total 240

Am i eligible?
Reply 41
You need to wait until you get to school and find out your results. then you can apply if you got more than 180 points.
Reply 42
does anyone know if there will be medicine places in the adjustment scheme?
i got my results online
Reply 44
f.burton
If there is the option to register for adjustment at the bottom of your choices page, does this mean you must have exceeded your results, or does it let you register without knowing whether you have exceeded your results or not?
It's there for everyone, so doesn't mean anything. It's up to the unis to check that you are eligible; the UCAS system doesn't.
Magic_007
i got my results online

If you've got grades surpassing your firm (which it looks like you have), then you are eligible - see first post in this thread.
Reply 46
fatp
does anyone know if there will be medicine places in the adjustment scheme?

There are no vacancies for medicine at any of the universities for either clearing or adjustment.
Reply 47
Well, I tried calling the other uni I wanted (UCL) through adjustment and got nowhere. The admissions woman didn't even know what adjustment was (she kept thinking I was talking about clearing) and wouldn't even look at my application. Then finally, she relented enough to ask if I had been considered by UCL before, and I was dumb enough to say I got an unsuccessful earlier this year (should've just kept schtum), and then she effectively cut me off by saying, "Oh, right, that's it then, we can't consider you further." I was under the impression that they could, if they wanted to, for adjustment. So that's it. I'm just going to let my adjustment thingy expire.

So that's my experience of adjustment- pretty crappy in my opinion, unis don't seem to know anything about it and there are no vacancy lists for you to see your options. You're effectively just cold-calling admissions departments and trying to barter a probably non-existent place!

But anyway, I'm still reaaaaallly happy with Nottingham. I knew UCL were unlikely to be taking anybody else on for K100 at this point in the game, and it was only at my mum's insistance that I tried them again because she really wants me to stay in London, so I had to try.

EDIT: My mum is still insisting that I try again, harder :rolleyes: give it up already!
Reply 48
PQ
Not necessarily - there aren't any central vacancy listings like with clearing - the information is all on individual websites or found out by phoning up.

A lot of the snobbier depts/unis will refuse to enter clearing but might be willing to take adjustment students (but they'd also be willing to consider clearing applicants with good grades too - they just don't want to advertise it :rolleyes: )

Exactly: for example Leicester clearing hoping to get students through Adjustment. Their website says it has spaces for AAA/AAB students (on all) it's course:
Vacancies for Home/EU Students

AAA/AAB at A-level
The University has set aside a small number of places for students holding A-level grades of AAA/AAB or equivalent (AAA only for English). Students holding these grades should call us immediately on the Clearing Hotline 0116 223 1069 or to discuss possible vacancies. Alternatively, email [email protected].

NB. These vacancies will not include Historical Studies, Law or Medicine.

http://www2.le.ac.uk/clearing/homeeu

But Clearing for leciester only lists a few courses:

L34 - University of Leicester: 0116 223 1069 Fax: 0116 252 2447 Chemistry 3 DEG FT F100 -Chemistry (4 years) 4 DEG FT F105 -Chemistry (Sandwich) (4 years) 4 DEG SW F106 -Chemistry (USA) (4 years) 4 DEG FT F107 -Chemistry (Europe) (4 years) 4 DEG FT F108 -Pharmaceutical Chemistry (4 years) 4 DEG FT F153 -Pharmaceutical Chemistry 3 DEG FT F154 -Chemistry with Forensic Science 3 DEG FT F1F4 -Chemistry with Forensic Science (4 years) 4 DEG FT F1FK -Physics 3 DEG FT F300 -Physics (4 years) 4 DEG FT F303 -Physics with Space Science and Technology 3 DEG FT F365 -Physics with Space Science and Tech (4 Yrs) 4 DEG FT F366 -Physics with Nanoscience and Technology 4 DEG FT F390 -Physics with Nanoscience and Technology 3 DEG FT F391 -Physics with Planetary Science (4 years) 4 DEG FT F394 -Physics with Astrophysics 3 DEG FT F3F5 -Physics with Astrophysics (4 years) 4 DEG FT F3FM -Physics with Planetary Science 3 DEG FT F3FN -Geography 3 DEG FT F800 -Physical Geography 3 DEG FT F840 -Interdisciplinary Science 3 DEG FT FCG0 -Geography and Archaeology 3 DEG FT FF48 -Sociology 3 DEG FT L300 -Social Work (Postgraduate Entry) 2 DEG FT L500 -Geography 3 DEG FT L700 -Geography - Human 3 DEG FT L720 -Communications, Media and Society 3 DEG FT P910 -Media and Sociology 3 DEG FT PL33 -
I have registered, what now? It says I have to wait an hour....

Do I need to start contacting each separate university where I might find an adjustment place?
I have clicked on "Register for Adjustment" and I'm not sure how the payment was made...

But anyway, what now? It says I have to wait an hour...

Do I browse for universities on UCAS or contact a university individually for adjustment places?

:woo: :woo: :confused: :confused:
Reply 51
laissezfaire
I have clicked on "Register for Adjustment" and I'm not sure how the payment was made...

But anyway, what now? It says I have to wait an hour...

Do I browse for universities on UCAS or contact a university individually for adjustment places?

You don't need to pay anything; it's covered by the fee you paid originally.

Check the websites of unis you are interested in while the hour elapses (presumably this is to allow the system to update so that when you ring a uni they will be able to check your file online straight away) so that you can see (a) who's got vacancies and (b) who to contact. Collect your paperwork and thoughts together - see the first post in this thread - and good luck!
Reply 52
f.burton
If there is the option to register for adjustment at the bottom of your choices page, does this mean you must have exceeded your results, or does it let you register without knowing whether you have exceeded your results or not?

The latter: the option comes up for all CF (Conditional Firm) applicants as UCAS don't assess which candidates have exceeded their offers.
Reply 53
Minerva

unless the applicant originally paid the reduced 1 uni fee.
Reply 54
Dijobla
Well, I tried calling the other uni I wanted (UCL) through adjustment and got nowhere. The admissions woman didn't even know what adjustment was (she kept thinking I was talking about clearing) and wouldn't even look at my application. Then finally, she relented enough to ask if I had been considered by UCL before, and I was dumb enough to say I got an unsuccessful earlier this year (should've just kept schtum), and then she effectively cut me off by saying, "Oh, right, that's it then, we can't consider you further." I was under the impression that they could, if they wanted to, for adjustment. So that's it. I'm just going to let my adjustment thingy expire.

So that's my experience of adjustment- pretty crappy in my opinion, unis don't seem to know anything about it and there are no vacancy lists for you to see your options. You're effectively just cold-calling admissions departments and trying to barter a probably non-existent place!

But anyway, I'm still reaaaaallly happy with Nottingham. I knew UCL were unlikely to be taking anybody else on for K100 at this point in the game, and it was only at my mum's insistance that I tried them again because she really wants me to stay in London, so I had to try.

EDIT: My mum is still insisting that I try again, harder :rolleyes: give it up already!

If you are really really happy then looking for anywhere else probably makes little sense! But if your interest in UCL is not just driven by your mother then ringing back and actually talking to someone who knows what Adjustment is is a good idea.
Minerva

Check the websites of unis you are interested in while the hour elapses (presumably this is to allow the system to update so that when you ring a uni they will be able to check your file online straight away) so that you can see (a) who's got vacancies and (b) who to contact. Collect your paperwork and thoughts together - see the first post in this thread - and good luck!

How will I know that UCAS has confirmed me for adjustment, and to start looking around for Unis?
Reply 56
laissezfaire
How will I know that UCAS has confirmed me for adjustment, and to start looking around for Unis?

Don't worry about that!
Instead start phoning up unis, if it is working properly then they will be able to see your application details.
Reply 57
Do you think I should ring a university anyway if on their website they published a list of the courses with vacancies and the ones I'm insterested in aren't there? :frown: Thanks
Reply 58
Paulwhy
If you are really really happy then looking for anywhere else probably makes little sense! But if your interest in UCL is not just driven by your mother then ringing back and actually talking to someone who knows what Adjustment is is a good idea.

Well, UCL was always my top choice just because they've pretty much got the best Architecture department in the country and they're in London so getting a place through adjustment would have been fantastic. But I'm absolutely terrible over the phone, I get so nervous, which is why I backed down so easily. I don't really have the drive/confidence to argue for a place - which is why my mum is treating me like a leper because she knows I really didn't fight for an offer at all. I might call again half-heartedly, but I'm content with Notts so... what's the point? Maybe just to shut her up lol.
Reply 59
Dijobla
Well, UCL was always my top choice just because they've pretty much got the best Architecture department in the country and they're in London so getting a place through adjustment would have been fantastic. But I'm absolutely terrible over the phone, I get so nervous, which is why I backed down so easily. I don't really have the drive/confidence to argue for a place - which is why my mum is treating me like a leper because she knows I really didn't fight for an offer at all. I might call again half-heartedly, but I'm content with Notts so... what's the point? Maybe just to shut her up lol.

hmm.
I also am rubbish on phones.
perhaps start by asking to talk to someone who knows about Adjustment?
that way the answear may be worth more.

If that does not work try ringing again and ask for the Archictecture department: they should atleast know if they have too many students or not.

Latest

Trending

Trending