The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Delta Usafa
Yes, but religion in GB is not widely followed.

:facepalm2: But that was not my point. My point was that if you were going to believe in an imaginary deity. In this country that deity was most likely to be jesus and the judeo-christian interpretation of God.

Whereas in India or Saudi Arabia you are likely to have a very different 'personal relationship' with a very different god.
I get what you say. I think there is probably a god but not how religions make it out to be, especially with their discriminations against people that are homosexual tut tut...
Aeolus
Define 'save'.

I think its having a relationship with God and throwing your life (that is of the 'world') away and starting anew.
Damn. What a random thread. Glad you've found Jesus and all. I think I'm going the other way though in terms of belief and making church a priority.
rainbowbex
When do you need us? hehe I'm not complaining about happy-clappy youth, can't say I really see any happy-clappy youth either so I'm a little confused. I just see people who wanna worship? :s-smilie:

If you see the last census (yes I know we're due another one a year in april) Christianity was still the predominant religion though Uk is becoming increasingly secular.

Guessing you're a Christian too? :smile:

The happy clappy bashing bit wasn't directed at you, don't worry. And I tend to need you in just about every remotely religion-related thread on TSR, which always culminate in about one or two Christians fending off hordes of pissed of atheists.

And yes, I'm a Christian. :p:

Aeolus
Lol, i think theres alot more which turns off individuals from following your teachings, than the division which exists within.

Yeahhh. Like the forgiveness, the love for others, the purpose driven life, etc. I can see why people hate it so much!

Aeolus
:facepalm2: But that was not my point. My point was that if you were going to believe in an imaginary deity. In this country that deity was most likely to be jesus and the judeo-christian interpretation of God.

Whereas in India or Saudi Arabia you are likely to have a very different 'personal relationship' with a very different god.

Your point seemed to be that she's a Christian because she was born in a place where most people are Christians. If that's not the point, it could have been phrased a bit better.

But your point couldn't have been she's a Christian because most religious people here are Christians. If where she was born had anything to do with it, she'd most likely be apathetic or atheist.
You poor, poor thing. *hugs*
Reply 86
Democracy
Me too. Quite possibly one of the greatest men to ever walk the Earth is constantly being defamed by his moronic fan club.

It's like Springsteen all over again. :frown:
Reply 87
Delta Usafa
Yeahhh. Like the forgiveness, the love for others, the purpose driven life, etc. I can see why people hate it so much!

The hate that it instils in people who interpret it in their own special special way.
Reply 88
Democracy
I don't care what you do, so long as you keep your faith personal.

QFT.
rainbowbex
**big hug** I say again. PM me if you want to talk.

aw thanks, to be honest im doing great.. god has brought such ahppniness and relief into my life. He is wonderful :smile: God is AMAZING.
Yazr
Im not religeous, religion is dead to me.. im a non legalistic Christian who has a growing relationship with Jesus and has saw him do amazing things in my life and with others. The Church I go to sings Hillsongs like rock worship http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYLxPByRZjg Its AWESOME. Our church is radical and has over 100 youth members. Its update and amazing. Does anyone eles share this ? I Just get this idea that people think Christians are middle class wolly wearing jumper boring people.

I assume you broke up with your sanity beforehand?
Democracy
Save the teary eyed nonsense for someone else.

Well actually...yes, you are. Do you think ANYONE on TSR is unaware of Christianity? Do you think we need the Christian dawah squad to start proslityzing?

She's just harping on about it because she's a fundamentalist. End of.

Anyone who attends a "radical" church, of which I have much experience, is hardcore fundamentalist.

:wtf:

You cannot be serious. My unwillingness to be preached at is a subconcious indication of my unhappiness? :rofl:

You remind me of the I-Soc kids on campus who come up to me and say "My Brother, I see you are unhappy deep down, if you follow Allah he can give you real contendness". You're all the same, all of you treat me like an ignorant simpleton who needs to be converted.

Unfortunately for the OP and the I-Soc "brothers", I am well aware of what you all believe in, I just choose not to follow it. Is that so hard for you all to understand?

The OP did not start a philosophical debate on Christian theology, like a teenage YWAM activist she began pontificating about Jesus as if he's her best buddy and not in fact the Son of God.

If I want you to share your faith with me, be assured that I'll ask. Until then, please keep it to yourself. Otherwise you are treating me like an idiot who's to stupid to figure things out for themself and actively needs to be preached at.

Your not forced at all, no one made you click this thread, you read it at your own free will. i would like to see you argue that you were in fact forced into reading the OP. This forum is for discussion anyways just like atheist on TSR constantly go at every faith those like the OP discuss their beliefs. Or is it wrong for a christian to want to discuss her beliefs on a forum, is this what your trying to stop, are you against this because other wise i dont understand what your problem is.
Ilora-Danon
You poor, poor thing. *hugs*

She seems rather happy to me. Why would you pity someone who's found happiness?
People just love labels.
Yazr
Oh and heres my story of my life before I go. My testimony

I was just sitting on face book and thought this would be a good idea, to share my testimony with the world...

So you have bipolar?
yoyo462001
Your not forced at all, no one made you click this thread, you read it at your own free will. i would like to see you argue that you were in fact forced into reading the OP. This forum is for discussion anyways just like atheist on TSR constantly go at every faith those like the OP discuss their beliefs.

Well quite, and now I've freely clicked it, I have the right to freely destroy the OP for being a brainwashed proselytizer who's freely filling the forum up with crap. Gosh, I do love freedom.

Or is it wrong for a christian to want to discuss her beliefs on a forum, is this what your trying to stop, are you against this because other wise i dont understand what your problem is.

Ah yes, the age old fundamentalist martyrdom complex....

If you'd read my post you'd have noticed I poured similar scorn on the I-Soc "brothers". Your bad ":smile:"

Here's an idea: if you're up for a decent debate, then let's debate (please note the signature, I am not averse to a good discussion).But don't frigging preach AT me, it's rude and belittling.
Reply 96
Wild_Precious_Life
People just love labels.

A society can't function without labels, silly. To categorize, understand and to make sense of is innate to human characteristic.
Reply 97
Delta Usafa

Or maybe the child rape, the hypocrisy, the chauvanistic patriarchy, the millions who have died of aids in Africa, the demand that you submit yourself to slavery, and the will of an immortal, genocidal dictator etc..etc.. :rolleyes: What an incredible faith.

Your point seemed to be that she's a Christian because she was born in a place where most people are Christians. If that's not the point, it could have been phrased a bit better.

It's quite obvious what my point is. If you are going to be religious in the UK odds are you will be a christian.
Democracy
Save the teary eyed nonsense for someone else.

Well actually...yes, you are. Do you think ANYONE on TSR is unaware of Christianity? Do you think we need the Christian dawah squad to start proslityzing?

She's just harping on about it because she's a fundamentalist. End of.

Anyone who attends a "radical" church, of which I have much experience, is hardcore fundamentalist.

:wtf:

You cannot be serious. My unwillingness to be preached at is a subconcious indication of my unhappiness? :rofl:

You remind me of the I-Soc kids on campus who come up to me and say "My Brother, I see you are unhappy deep down, if you follow Allah he can give you real contendness". You're all the same, all of you treat me like an ignorant simpleton who needs to be converted.

Unfortunately for the OP and the I-Soc "brothers", I am well aware of what you all believe in, I just choose not to follow it. Is that so hard for you all to understand?

The OP did not start a philosophical debate on Christian theology, like a teenage YWAM activist she began pontificating about Jesus as if he's her best buddy and not in fact the Son of God.

If I want you to share your faith with me, be assured that I'll ask. Until then, please keep it to yourself. Otherwise you are treating me like an idiot who's to stupid to figure things out for themself and actively needs to be preached at.

You have just written a very long post explaining why you don't want people to talk about their faith in front of you... you aren't being preached at in the slightest!! You've CHOSEN to read this thread and get grumpy about its content. Ofc I wouldn't expect anyone on TSR to be unaware of Christianity.. that would be fairly damn stupid on my account.

The OP considers her church to be radical, just because it isn't the typical idea of what a church is, rather than the fact it is actually radical.

I never claimed you were unhappy deep down, you are twisting my words and subjecting them to your own purpose! I asked why you didn't like to have your beliefs challenged! that said, someone saying I believe this isn't a challenge at all... have I spoken to you like you are an idiot, or are you going to blindly continue like I have even though it is obvious to everyone elses eyes that I have not. Have I treated you like you need to be converted? Does expressing my opinion mean I am automatically talking to you like you are stupid? No of course it does not, it simply means I am expressing my opinion!

You are not aware of what people believe in unless they tell you - unless you can read minds now? or are you just one of those people that makes assumptions about others? and passes judgement on them before you even know them?

No one has spoken to you like you are stupid, No one is preaching at you.

Be assured that if you need any help figuring things out - I'm sure if you are every bit as intelligent as you appear you won't, you are welcome to PM me and ask me about my beliefs
lol awesome, relationships with fictional characters are great. I hope this "jesus" is the one for you... well, obviously since you dictate what he is or isnt as theres no evidence to the contrary of what you say, he will be. or not, if you so decide.

Latest

Trending

Trending