The Student Room Group

Mental health

Hi , I’m 20 years old and I still haven’t been to uni my friends will be graduating this academic year and I still have no clue what I want to do with my life.Does anyone have any advice at how to discover what type of work I would like even if it’s not involving uni
Reply 1
I believe God has a purpose for us all bro so I wouldn't worry at all,to be honest I don't have a answer for you, even me myself I am not sure exactly what Jesus wants me too do with my life but seek him and you will find your purpose in him
Reply 2
Original post by JOELB1232
I believe God has a purpose for us all bro so I wouldn't worry at all,to be honest I don't have a answer for you, even me myself I am not sure exactly what Jesus wants me too do with my life but seek him and you will find your purpose in him

Hey thanks for replying , I’d like to build a relationship with God but I don’t even know where to start , my family aren’t religious so I’ve never been exposed to that sort of stuff , any advice ?
Original post by Anonymous
Hi , I’m 20 years old and I still haven’t been to uni my friends will be graduating this academic year and I still have no clue what I want to do with my life.Does anyone have any advice at how to discover what type of work I would like even if it’s not involving uni

Hi there

You could always try out different work experiences, whether these be online, in person (even just a day in an office could help you decide if you like the work and environment). Speaking to friends and relatives about what their work is like can also give you an idea of what interests you. You could also considering going to University open days, even if you are unsure on attending University. (you can get an idea of what the courses are like, what types of job it leads to, what type of skills they develop etc.)

I think it is quite normal not to know what type of work you are into at the age of 20, whether people have or have not attended University. Don't stress and take things at your own pace. :smile: Hope this helps.

Chloe
-University of Kent Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending