The Student Room Group

Am I a bad gf?

So this is a stupid one but basically my bf asked me to get my friends to like his comment on a weed business page as he's trying to win some sort of device for his own business.

Now I didn't say no or yes but I was a little resilient as I my friends don't know that I do anything like that myself.
When he realised I was most likely not going to take his idea to my friends he got angry and said all i do his cause problems. Well the thing is I always do him a favour. He actually has the machine hes trying to wim and he used over £1000+ of my money to buy it. I'm still waiting for the money back.

I can do him a million favours which I have done but as soon as I don't do one he gets angry. Should I do it or not? Also I don't even think my friends would sit there and comb through 300 comments to like his, I know I certainly wouldn't
Reply 1
Get out of there now and never look back.

The choices you make now affect the rest of your life, and your choices so far seem to be particularly bad ones?

Why would you give your hard earned money away and be yanked along on some chain? He doesn't like your decisions and that is so disrespectful to you. You are unlikely ever to get your money returned.

It will be your choice to stay in this seemingly abusive relationship (based on the small amount of information on this page) Don't defend his behaviour and don't hang around and make any excuses for him. Get out before you get in this relationship too deep and it becomes even more complicated.

He does not have your best interests at heart, only his own. Take personal safety advice before you leave him.

https://www.womensaid.org.uk
Reply 2
Whoa. Red flag.

This comes from a place of love.

You are never going to see that money again.

He doesn't respect you.

I agree with above. Leave.

There are so many amazing people in the world and you are stuck with one of the ones that is not worth your time.

It will be hard. It will hurt. You will cry. And then you will pull up your big girl pants and get over him and you will move on.

I promise you it will be worth it in the long term.

This person is toxic. Get support from friends, siblings, parents family. Get out of there. Please. Get out of there.
Reply 3
No, you’re not a bad gf, it’s him that’s got issues. Tbh, you should leave him. (Might sound a bit extreme but hear me out.

You have every right to say no, and every reason to not want to get your friends involved. You don’t want them to know, plus it sounds a bit iffy anyways and if you’re not comfortable with it, then You’re not so no reason to feel forced.

It’s his business, so his responsibility to drum up attention etc. so clearly no business acumen. He shouldn’t expect you to do it for him.

If he’s blaming you for literally nothing already, you can already tell he’s toxic. He’ll probably carry on blaming you and gaslight you for everything, even the most minor stuff. Exactly like you said, if you don’t do the smallest thing for him, he loses it. Better to get out now because he won’t get better

You’ve “lent” him £1000, trust me..you’re never getting it back. Don’t give him anymore time, money or effort because from just two sentences, it’s clear he’s a bum and you are definitely worth better.

Reading between the lines, it’s feels you probably already know this, feeling it and you’re giving up on the relationship so no use longing it out
To be honest, from where I'm standing he sounds like a complete waste of space. Get rid.
Run.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
So this is a stupid one but basically my bf asked me to get my friends to like his comment on a weed business page as he's trying to win some sort of device for his own business.

Now I didn't say no or yes but I was a little resilient as I my friends don't know that I do anything like that myself.
When he realised I was most likely not going to take his idea to my friends he got angry and said all i do his cause problems. Well the thing is I always do him a favour. He actually has the machine hes trying to wim and he used over £1000+ of my money to buy it. I'm still waiting for the money back.

I can do him a million favours which I have done but as soon as I don't do one he gets angry. Should I do it or not? Also I don't even think my friends would sit there and comb through 300 comments to like his, I know I certainly wouldn't

Jesus christ get out now he's a douche

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending