The Student Room Group

What would you call a 'bad driver'

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
a female.

lol
Reply 61
Original post by Bobifier
You're not giving people feedback on their poor driving habits, you're giving people feedback on the poor driving habits of whatever random people you happen to have seen on the road recently. Furthermore, even if you were giving people genuine feedback, you have very little contextual knowledge of their situation. You have spent this thread simply assuming everyone is in the wrong when in reality you weren't there and can't know. Thus, you are either a huge dick or in a perpetual state of rage.

I'm confused, what situation are we talking about exactly? I have only discussed a handful of hypothetical situations. How am I supposed to have "contextual knowledge" of a hypothetical situation. That doesn't even make sense :s-smilie:

Perhaps you are mistaken my friend :tongue:
The rule of three. Granted we all make a mistake but usually you find that bad drivers follow the rule of three. It's never one mistake with these drivers, it's always three. Watch for it next time you're on the roads :wink:
Original post by Kage
Yeah same here on the A666 heading towards Bolton. I was flashed by a car, whilst doing 50mph (the speed limit, again with cameras), and he decided to move onto the left hand side, and undertake me. The limit is the limit, wheather I was on the far right of the motorway or the far left lane.

that is just stupid, like it or not people do break the speed limit, so instead of hogging the OVERTAKING lane (big hint, you don't drive on it).. stay in the left, make sure YOU aren't breaking the speed limit (because that's all you can do) and do not try to cause an accident!
Reply 64
Original post by Bellissima
that is just stupid, like it or not people do break the speed limit, so instead of hogging the OVERTAKING lane (big hint, you don't drive on it).. stay in the left, make sure YOU aren't breaking the speed limit (because that's all you can do) and do not try to cause an accident!

True and after that, I did move into the left, but I still had cars flashing me then too. There were only 2 lanes at this point. It wasn't part of the motorway.
I was meant to be in the right apparently to stay on course before seperation into 2 points. So that is why I was originally on the right. I ended up having to then switch to the right pretty much last minute.
(edited 12 years ago)
Me. Lol.
I suck at parking.
Original post by Kage
True and after that, I did move into the left, but I still had cars flashing me then too. There were only 2 lanes at this point. It wasn't part of the motorway.
I was meant to be in the right apparently to stay on course before seperation into 2 points. So that is why I was originally on the right

i think we've all made that mistake but there's nothing i hate more than middle lane hogs!!! except cyclists obv..

ok i didn't realise, that's fair enough.
Original post by py0alb
In some circumstances. But not when you've just cleared a set of traffic lights. In this scenario I (and every other good driver) would pull as close to the car in front as necessary as to allow as many cars behind to clear the lights as possible. This is just basic courtesy.

What are you saying: a) that you would deliberately not pull forward and cause an obstruction just to "teach people a lesson", or b) that you simply never think about anyone else, or c) do you actually agree with me and are just arguing for the sake of being a knob?

Please, try and be aware of other drivers around you.

None of those.

If I had just gone past the lights, as already stated, I would deliberately not pull forward, to leave enough room so that I could get round the car in front, as I was taught as a learner.

I (and any other sensible driver) would see that the traffic was joining a queue just the other side of the lights, so there is minimal gain by trying to squeeze in. That you think people should squeeze up to get as many through the lights as physically possible shows what an impatient driver you are.

Please, try and be aware that other drivers are not as in a rush to get somewhere as you are.
Reply 68
Original post by Pony Jack
None of those.

If I had just gone past the lights, as already stated, I would deliberately not pull forward, to leave enough room so that I could get round the car in front, as I was taught as a learner.

I (and any other sensible driver) would see that the traffic was joining a queue just the other side of the lights, so there is minimal gain by trying to squeeze in. That you think people should squeeze up to get as many through the lights as physically possible shows what an impatient driver you are.

Please, try and be aware that other drivers are not as in a rush to get somewhere as you are.

Would you be aware of the car behind or not? Do you look in your mirror after clearing a set of lights or not?

You're digging yourself into a hole here. You're basically admitting to being either an inattentive or an inconsiderate driver. Either way, you should have your license revoked.
Reply 69
An incompetent one.
Original post by py0alb
Would you be aware of the car behind or not? Do you look in your mirror after clearing a set of lights or not?

You're digging yourself into a hole here. You're basically admitting to being either an inattentive or an inconsiderate driver. Either way, you should have your license revoked.

I see nothing wrong with what he is doing. It is good driving practice to leave enough room in front of your car in a queue.

Rule 151 - driving in slow moving traffic, you should: "leave enough space to be able to manoeuvre if the vehicle in front breaks down or an emergency vehicle needs to get past"

If that means that one extra car cannot squeeze into a gap and make it through traffic lights, then so be it. The lights will turn green again...
Reply 71
Poor perception of surroundings, driving a car is easy, being aware of what is around you is vital.
Reply 72
Original post by InnerTemple
I see nothing wrong with what he is doing. It is good driving practice to leave enough room in front of your car in a queue.

Rule 151 - driving in slow moving traffic, you should: "leave enough space to be able to manoeuvre if the vehicle in front breaks down or an emergency vehicle needs to get past"

If that means that one extra car cannot squeeze into a gap and make it through traffic lights, then so be it. The lights will turn green again...

No its not, you could cause a serious accident. Would you happy explaining your rationale to the mother of the child that died because of your refusal to allow the person behind you to clear the lights in safety?

Seriously, would you be? Would you sit there with a straight face and defend yourself with reference to rule 151 of the highway code between her desparate sobs of despair?
Original post by py0alb
No its not, you could cause a serious accident.

How?
Original post by kelsief
Everyone makes silly mistakes when driving, we all know no one's perfect.

But what do you think it takes for someone to be deemed bad a driver?

A 17 Year Old.
Original post by py0alb
No its not, you could cause a serious accident. Would you happy explaining your rationale to the mother of the child that died because of your refusal to allow the person behind you to clear the lights in safety?

Seriously, would you be? Would you sit there with a straight face and defend yourself with reference to rule 151 of the highway code between her desparate sobs of despair?

:eyeball: How...?
Reply 76
Original post by InnerTemple
:eyeball: How...?

Because of your selfish - and entirely deliberate - actions, a car has been unable to clear the junction. Thats a dangerous situation. Imagine that car was full of children on a school trip. Now a huge truck slams into them as the driver desparately tries to pull out of the way, but he is unable to and they are all crushed to death in a huge fire ball - and its your fault.

Whether or not other drivers share the blame is irrelevant. YOU could have saved these children, but you chose to put their lives at risk simply so it would be easier for you to get past the car in front should it break down. How much of a rush are you in that an easy manuevre takes priority over other people's lives? Thats utterly disgraceful FFS.

By knowingly not moving forward, you are consciously endangering other peoples lives. If they were my kids that you killed. I would want to strung up for murder. For all our children's sakes, you should not be driving. What is your name so I can contact the DVLA?
If you see the guy in front slowing right down you should just hold back abit to not end up in the middle of a junction like a total moron instead of assuming every inch of space is going to be filled.
hello folks,
Its very necessary to choose driver always right. Because if driver gives a bit mistake it will be nasty for both. It can be harmful for you and other vehicles also. its my personal suggestion to all car owners.
Thanks
People who mess up, which is fair enough as people do mess up, but then when correcting their mistakes absolutely do not think about other road users and just cut lanes or even in one instance I was turning right, in the right hand lane, person in the left lane obviously realise they wanted to go right and as I started moving they go from my left and straight in front of me, when there was no one behind me if they had just waited 30 seconds rather than nearly causing an accident.

Also people who stop in the stupidest of places, a narrow one way road is not a place to park up whilst you nip into your friend's house and no one can get past!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending