The Student Room Group

Changing Unconditional Firm Offer.

Basically I firmed my unconditional offer from Edinburgh (therefore declining Glasgow) two nights ago unnecessarily as I had up until May before I had to reply. I would like to get back to having both offers and having till may to decide but I am panicky that I may not be able to do this!

On the ucas site it says: ''You can change your replies once within 7 days of when they were initially made. To make the change or to discuss other possible options for changing if you're outside the 7 day period, you'll need to contact our Customer Service Unit.''.

I'm slightly confused by this as is says you can change your replies, does this mean you change another declined offer to firm or that I can have both my offers back to decide between up until the 9th of May like before? I don't want to change quite yet to my unconditional from Glasgow but would prefer to have the choice for both as I would prefer Edinburgh but I just need a bit more time to ensure my money situation will be ok.

Has anyone had this or a similar experience with UCAS before? Rather than change my decision from Edinburgh to Glasgow I would prefer to have both options open again as it was only last night I firmed.

Thanks!
Reply 1
You can only change it to one of your other offers, you cannot have them all back.
Reply 2
Original post by jprestonmoore
Basically I firmed my unconditional offer from Edinburgh (therefore declining Glasgow) two nights ago unnecessarily as I had up until May before I had to reply. I would like to get back to having both offers and having till may to decide but I am panicky that I may not be able to do this!

On the ucas site it says: ''You can change your replies once within 7 days of when they were initially made. To make the change or to discuss other possible options for changing if you're outside the 7 day period, you'll need to contact our Customer Service Unit.''.

I'm slightly confused by this as is says you can change your replies, does this mean you change another declined offer to firm or that I can have both my offers back to decide between up until the 9th of May like before? I don't want to change quite yet to my unconditional from Glasgow but would prefer to have the choice for both as I would prefer Edinburgh but I just need a bit more time to ensure my money situation will be ok.

Has anyone had this or a similar experience with UCAS before? Rather than change my decision from Edinburgh to Glasgow I would prefer to have both options open again as it was only last night I firmed.

Thanks!

Unfortunatley you cant do that now- either you stick with Edinburgh or you change to Glasgow now and then you cant switch back again.
:frown: i dont think i can help much about your problem. im not really geared up to talk and dont want to say something wrong, but ring ucas up in the morning and just explain to them. when i had a problem the woman was so helpful to me :smile: you will sort it out ok HUG

you still have that 7 day window so im sure you will work something out

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending