The Student Room Group

Shaun Wilson-Millers last goodbye

A DYING lad of 17 has touched the world with a moving goodbye video to his friends and family which accidentally went viral

Shaun Wilson-Miller suffers from a chronic heart condition that means his body has rejected two transplants.

Doctors said he cannot undergo a third operation and it is believed Shaun has just months to live.

Soon after hearing the devastating diagnoses, Shaun recorded the message in his bedroom late at night.

He urged his loved ones to live their lives to the fullest and look after his dad when he is gone.

Battling with his emotions, the clip sees Shaun saying: “I won’t be here as long as I thought, but I wanted to say that this has been an awesome ride and I have no regrets.

“Live life to the fullest because you never know what’s going to happen.”

The message was meant just for his Facebook pals but Shaun, from Melbourne, Australia, had to upload it to YouTube because of a technical problem and the next morning it had 10,000 hits already.

It has now been watched by 1.3million people.

Since the emotional footage emerged, Shaun has appeared on a number of TV shows, including a guest role on Neighbours
Source- http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4317554/Dying-lads-goodbye-video-touches-the-world.html

I have just seen this, let me start out by saying i rarely cry. No it's not the whole male macho thing its just me i don't like crying. But i watched this and my heart was aching and tears came out this boy is truly inspirational. This is so sad to watch and yet so truly inspiring hes dealing with the fact of death and losing everyone and everyone losing him and yet he still says stuff like "look after my dad" i just wanted to share this with everyone.

Live life to the fullest because you never know what’s going to happen
It was very sad to see this. Very few people can be as brave as that when they know that they are going to die, so I hope that he enjoys whatever time he has left and doesn't leave with any regrets.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending