The Student Room Group

Distance Learning - Law - Recommended Providers

Hi,
I am a mature student looking into the possibility of doing an LLB around my current job

I feel that distance learning would be the most suitable option, as it would allow me the ability to fit the study into my spare time.

Has anyone any recommendations as to learning providers?

Many thanks
Reply 1
I'll probably be publicly flogged for my choice of GDL provider but what the hell...

I'm doing my GDL part time, distance learning through the University of Huddersfield as there is no university locally for me to travel to and study at.

I chose Huddersfield over College of Law/BPP who offer a similar course purely because of finances - it was about £4k cheaper, and in the area I want to work in, there is very little snobbery about where your qualifications came from.

To be honest, I've been really impressed with the course so far - the materials are good but we're not spoon fed, the tutors bend over backwards to help (calling/skypeing in the evening, responding to emails swiftly) and I feel I'm easily on a par with people who did their GDL through more established providers.

I'm doing my LPC at College of Law when the time comes though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending