The Student Room Group

Missed an exam for medical reasons!

Hey, I was supposed to sit my physics mechanics exam on the 25th may 2012 in the afternoon but the night before I was admitted to hospital and on Friday I was diagnosed with deep vein thrombosis and had to stay in hospital all day and wasn't in any fit state to sit my exam as I was in so much agony.

Will this go down as a U and then when I take it for the first time in January will that look like a re-sit? Or with it just look like I was never entered for the June exam and it will just look the first time I took it was January? Or what?

Any help would be great as I'm pretty worried cos most uni's don't like retakes :frown:
Presumably you've got a doctor's note, and took it to school almost immediately, at the first opportunity, having got someone to contact the school on the day?

In that case, the exam board will be considering it, and they might award you your predicted grade. Ask your school what the status is. If you didn't tell them, do it now!

Universities will understand - deep vein thrombosis is hardly your fault!

Hope you're ok :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Octohedral
Presumably you've got a doctor's note, and took it to school almost immediately, at the first opportunity, having got someone to contact the school on the day?

In that case, the exam board will be considering it, and they might award you your predicted grade. Ask your school what the status is. If you didn't tell them, do it now!

Universities will understand - deep vein thrombosis is hardly your fault!

Hope you're ok :smile:

Yeah I've got a doctors note and I phoned the school when I was at the hospital to tell them I wouldn't be sitting the exam.

I hope they award me my predicted grade cos that's an A! :L

Yeah they said I got it from revising too much being sat cross legged would you believe it! Haha

Aww thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending