The Student Room Group

If I miss my offer....

If I miss my offer for English Lit and am forced into a gap year is it possible for me to still get into an excellent university? I'd probably reapply for something else like Law/Maths, and would probably self-study Further Maths A level next year. Providing I got an A in this would I be at any disadvantage?
Yes you will because most of the top Universities want people who've done their A Levels in a 2 year sitting.
Reply 2
Original post by Gilsenan
If I miss my offer for English Lit and am forced into a gap year is it possible for me to still get into an excellent university? I'd probably reapply for something else like Law/Maths, and would probably self-study Further Maths A level next year. Providing I got an A in this would I be at any disadvantage?

I think a course like law then yes, you might struggle to get into a top uni as it is highly competitive(I'm not sure on that though, just a guess), but most other courses shouldn't be a problem, they may just ramp up your requirements so a standard offer is AAB and they ask you for AAA as you have had more time to complete your A levels. I know plenty of people who have done A levels over a 3 year course and have gotten onto excellent courses and top unis, it can be done just make sure your grades and application are outstanding.
Reply 3
The difference is though I would be studying even more A levels from scratch over a 1 year period, not resitting so does that make a difference?

Quick Reply

Latest