The Student Room Group

Verify qualifications

I received an email today asking me to verify my GCSE qualifications by sending certified copies to the university.

One problem, I barely have any of my certificates just the smaller pieces of paper with my grades listed on by the exam board but it states "this is not a certificate" at the bottom.

How do I go about getting my results verified in this situation?
Reply 1
You will need to obtain new copies of your certificates either by going through your school or contacting the exam boards directly. I would suggest contacting them directly will be easier. You'll have to pay for them but I suppose if it's necessary to be accepted by your university choice you'll have to bite the bullet.

EDIT: AQA provide information here. They, along with most exam boards, can provide you with an official statement of results that will be accepted in the same way as a certificate. They are also happy to send a letter directly to your university with confirmation of your results. By the looks of it, the letter will cost £10; considerably cheaper than getting a new set of certificates for £40.50!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Harvey321
I received an email today asking me to verify my GCSE qualifications by sending certified copies to the university.

One problem, I barely have any of my certificates just the smaller pieces of paper with my grades listed on by the exam board but it states "this is not a certificate" at the bottom.

How do I go about getting my results verified in this situation?

Your school is supposed to have given your certificates to you. contact them first......then the relevant boards.
Reply 3
Original post by PatrickD
You will need to obtain new copies of your certificates either by going through your school or contacting the exam boards directly. I would suggest contacting them directly will be easier. You'll have to pay for them but I suppose if it's necessary to be accepted by your university choice you'll have to bite the bullet.

EDIT: AQA provide information here. They, along with most exam boards, can provide you with an official statement of results that will be accepted in the same way as a certificate. They are also happy to send a letter directly to your university with confirmation of your results. By the looks of it, the letter will cost £10; considerably cheaper than getting a new set of certificates for £40.50!

The £10 letter seems ok. There's no way I could afford new certificates right now. Thanks for the info.
The £10 letter seems ok. There's no way I could afford new certificates right now. Thanks for the info.

If you never collected your certificates, your school will still have them.
Reply 5
Can someone just confirm whether or not this document would be accepted before I go and spend money...

aqaaaaa.jpg
Can someone just confirm whether or not this document would be accepted before I go and spend money...

aqaaaaa.jpg

Your best bet is to email and ask the universities rather than us. I am guessing this varies from university to university. Edinburgh College of Art accepted the letter confirming my son's art foundation grade as evidence, but it didn't have the provisional status that this letter has, although it wasn't a certificate either. Best check directly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending