The Student Room Group

Mass shooting at Batman film premiere.

Scroll to see replies

I think I just heard that the three month old has been announced dead on 9NEWS. Absolutely awful..
Original post by IcedTea&PotNoodle
I think you've got it spot on. It's clearly a mentally disturbed person who's probably become obsessed with the dark knight films and has convinced himself he is bane. The bulletproof vest, dressed all in black and a gas mask tells you everything in my opinion.

It really is terrible that people had probably been waiting to see this film for ages and were looking forward to a good night out and in the least place they expected they had their lives taken from them.

:erm: Seriously, that's the conclusion you draw from that?

More likely that he knew that he'd be releasing a gas cansister and didn't want to incapacitate himself, didn't want to be shot dead by the police and didn't want to be seen when he walked in the cinema to do the shooting. I don't think for a second that he's someone obsessed with Batman. 100% more likely that, as Briesandwich said, he knew that the theatre would be packed and that at the time of night they would be a corralled and captive group who couldn't escape.
Reply 82
Original post by Jordan_1
When is America going to realise that guns shouldn't be legal? ****ing idiots.

You act as if there aren't ways to get guns in the UK. I agree, however, it should made extremely difficult to acquire a gun. It's contentious, with the level of mental depravity abound in today's America the second amendment is now more necessary than ever, for protection purposes. However, clearly a cultural, as well as legislative change needs to occur if we're ever going to see a decrease in violent crime, particularly gun crime.
Reply 83
I'm sorry, I was wrong. I was thinking of another school shooting. My apologies.
Original post by Stilo
Columbine happened in Ohio.

I'm pretty sure it didn't! It was in Columbine, Colorado - and Denver is also in Colorado!

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/world-news/cinema-shootings-close-to-columbine-16187502.html

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/columbine-high-school-massacre

Original post by NellyNoodles
I think I just heard that the three month old has been announced dead on 9NEWS. Absolutely awful..

Such a waste of life.
It's horrific that a 3 month old baby has been killed, but what was a 3 month old baby doing at the Batman premiere anyway? :erm:
Original post by Stilo
I'm sorry, I was wrong. I was thinking of another school shooting. My apologies.

Unfortunately there are quite a few these days so it gets hard to keep track of!
Original post by BethaneyJ
Such a waste of life.

I know.. Really hope I heard that wrong. Makes my stomach turn to think people are capable of doing something that evil.
Original post by kiss_me_now9
:erm: Seriously, that's the conclusion you draw from that?

More likely that he knew that he'd be releasing a gas cansister and didn't want to incapacitate himself, didn't want to be shot dead by the police and didn't want to be seen when he walked in the cinema to do the shooting. I don't think for a second that he's someone obsessed with Batman. 100% more likely that, as Briesandwich said, he knew that the theatre would be packed and that at the time of night they would be a corralled and captive group who couldn't escape.

I completely disagree with you, It's too coincidental. Of course the gas mask and bullet proof vest would help him but there's a reason he picked the dark knight opening night. He could have picked a number of other crowded places. IMO there was clearly a reason he picked where he did. Maybe he thought that he would blend in dressed as bane at the same time as protecting himself. It would seem he was just a fan but i honestly believe he was acting as Bane.

This person was deranged enough to kill a three month old baby, he was clearly deranged enough to believe he was Bane.
Jeez Louise...........

Such an exciting time for the Batman fans and now it's turned into this.
Original post by IcedTea&PotNoodle
This person was deranged enough to kill a three month old baby, he was clearly deranged enough to believe he was Bane.

Has the three month old been confirmed dead? I thought I heard that but I was really hoping I was wrong.
It's horrific that a 3 month old baby has been killed, but what was a 3 month old baby doing at the Batman premiere anyway? :erm:

To a 3 month old it's just noise and colours, I don't think it would have any effect on them. Parents probably just couldn't find a babysitter.

EDIT: Of course I mean the film, not the shooting.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by alexmagpie
To a 3 month old it's just noise and colours, I don't think it would have any effect on them. Parents probably just couldn't find a babysitter.

EDIT: Of course I mean the film, not the shooting.

Noise and colour it may be but at 3 months old they're just babes in arms, it'd be far too loud and long for any child :frown: Can't find a babysitter, then don't go. I know it's not the point of this topic but it does amaze me the logic that some Americans have - when I was younger I lived next to an American army base and we sometimes used their cinema; my parents went to see Jurassic Park when it was released and there were several children between 2 and 5 in the screening :eek: They lasted about ten minutes in before screaming and disrupting the film for everyone.

maybe the parents couldn't get a sitter? isn't the film a 12A anyway so they would have been able to go there tbf
[video="youtube;efHCdKb5UWc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efHCdKb5UWc[/video]
What a pathetic ****, let's see how much of a villian he is when he's in jail getting shafted up the arse like a bitch!
Noise and colour it may be but at 3 months old they're just babes in arms, it'd be far too loud and long for any child :frown: Can't find a babysitter, then don't go. I know it's not the point of this topic but it does amaze me the logic that some Americans have - when I was younger I lived next to an American army base and we sometimes used their cinema; my parents went to see Jurassic Park when it was released and there were several children between 2 and 5 in the screening :eek: They lasted about ten minutes in before screaming and disrupting the film for everyone.

I'm sure the parents were responsible and probably gave the baby some sort of noise reduction earphones or buds or something. I used to work in bars where concerts would be held and the manager would bring his less than a year old baby and just put noise canceling earphones on her and she would have a blast watching the band and the people.

Either way you can't just speculate and say it was bad parenting.
(edited 11 years ago)

Eh, you may be right, but people's childcare choices are their own business unless it's going to have a serious effect on the child. Obviously they didn't know that anything like this was going to happen - my thoughts are with them.
9News say that the 3 month old has been released home safe and well. Good news.
10+ counts of first degree murder, it is unlikely the suspect will ever be free again.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending