Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Mass shooting at Batman film premiere.

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-18921492

Happened overnight during a screening of the new Batman film at a cinema complex in the Denver suburb of Aurora. 14 people now confirmed dead (may well be 12, conflicting news reports) with as many as 50 more injured. Additional reports of a gas attack.

One man (apparently the gunman) has been arrested and has since claimed that further explosive devices are being kept at his home.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Masked gunman Shooting people outside The Dark Knight Rises Premier in Colorado...
    About 10 people dead and 40 injured.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well they insist on having a tooled up population....
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    According to witnesses a man in a gas mask tear-gassed one of the theaters and then began shooting randomly
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    And yet people think we should legalise guns in this country.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The counter argument of course, is that if members of the public were allowed to carry concealed weapons somebody would have plugged him as soon as he started shooting. As it was he was shooting fish in a barrel.

local reporter saying 10 dead up to 50 injured.

America is too far down the road to pass any meaningful gun restrictions. The gun lobby has far too much influence and it aint going to change any time soon.

Edit Suspect in custody.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Guy was wearing a gas mask? Clearly mentality disturbed, doesn't the main villain in the film wear a gas mask too? Some psycho trying to pose at the character or something possibly..

I'm surprised he's been arrested and not just shot on sight, guess he gave himself up or something. Crazy....
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MTR_10)
    This is why violent video games should be banned.
    Aw come on...you could have left it half a dozen posts before you lay that one on the table.:rolleyes:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm presuming he did it for its irony... Some people are messed up. :/
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I thought Americans dont get irony
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey11223)
    Guy was wearing a gas mask? Clearly mentality disturbed, doesn't the main villain in the film wear a gas mask too? Some psycho trying to pose at the character or something possibly..

I'm surprised he's been arrested and not just shot on sight, guess he gave himself up or something. Crazy....
    Think it was probably more due to the fact that he reportedly released some sort of gas.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Apparently he released a smoke bomb of sorts. What is wrong with the world?
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MTR_10)
    This is why violent video games should be banned.
    Regardless of the fact that tens of millions of kids play them and turn out fine, right?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vedderfan94)
    Regardless of the fact that tens of millions of kids play them and turn out fine, right?
    He's trolling (somewhat distastefully considering the thread he's posted on).

Don't feed him.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForensicShoe)
    He's trolling (somewhat distastefully considering the thread he's posted on).

Don't feed him.
    Awww I really wanted to see what he had to say though
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey11223)

No.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForensicShoe)
    Think it was probably more due to the fact that he reportedly released some sort of gas.
    oh right..sorry I didn't read the entire opening post or article as I have BBC news 24 on my TV right now and they're talking about the numbers dead and such and haven't mentioned a gas attack in the last 10 mins I've had it on.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Only in the USA. What a nutter, surprised the police didn't just waste him.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    "According to reports, two gunmen wearing body armour may have been involved in the attack.

One has been arrested and a manhunt is under way for the second, according to reports."

Source: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...g-7961674.html

Two gunmen or just one?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B-Man.)
    No.
    oh right, not read the comics or read details of the film, just looked like a fancy gas-mask type thing to me. What does the character wear it for?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 2, 2012
New on TSR

What is sixth form like?

Share your story!

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.