The Student Room Group

Tottenham Hotspur Society II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cll_ws
I like Son. He's a top player. Wouldn't mind seeing him in England.

Your wish has come true

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34069477

Tottenham have signed South Korean forward Son Heung-min from German club Bayer Leverkusen.

The 23-year-old scored 29 goals in 87 appearances for Leverkusen having joined them from Hamburg in 2013.

The deal, subject to a work permit and international clearance, is reportedly worth £22m, and he has signed a contract until 2020.
It's a signing that they need to be a success - and quick.

Kane massively needs help. He's wasted up there, weighed down with expectation, scratching around and feeding off scraps. Tottenham - and I know I keep saying it - should have gone for Benteke, who would have linked up well with the youngster in a Shearer and Sheringham-esque way.

The width and set-piece deliveries of Eriksen and Chadli would have only benefitted that. Pochetinno has suggested that Spurs will be doing business before the window ends, too.
Absolutely fantastic win for us on Saturday. Even though City stumbled at home last week to West Ham we held our own even after conceding and actually looked the superior team in the second half. The chat surrounding the offside decisions and lack of is interesting. No doubt both De Bruyne and Walker were off prior to picking up the ball. Can you forgive the lino for missing the less obvious one but throw the book for the glaringly obvious one? Probably so.

Lamela excellent but he probably owed us that performance. If he cracks on against Arsenal and Chelsea in the next couple of months then I think we'll start to be impressed, but he has been here two years and hasn't made a massive impact yet.

Really really liking Alli and Son. Watch this space for the pair of them.
I've put money on Alli being in the Euro 2016 squad. Looks the real deal

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Walker offside decision made me laugh. How far back are you able to pull an incorrect call and claim victim hood? Yes he was offside and had City scored from that cross it would have been unfair. However they didn't score from that cross, they even regained possession via KDB. For me at the point stop talking about the offside, had KDB cleared properly or held onto possession that would have been the end of it.
The officiating at the weekend was ridiculous, really.

Still, a touch of class from Pellegrini who failed to blame the referee or linesmen. Tottenham fully deserved the win, and Lamela looked a player absolutely reinvigorated. He chased everything, hassled and harried, worked tirelessly and was rewarded in style with a goal.

He had to work hard for that goal. It was great to see him applauded off. Great to see Harry Kane in and amongst the goals, too. There was never any doubt that he wouldn't start scoring again, really. Eric Dier continues to play his way into the public consciousness, too. I think he'll be very hard done by if he isn't an inclusion in Roy Hodgson's next England squad, to be honest.
The back 5 looks solid. Lamela is coming on leaps and bounds. Dier is making the cdm position his own and Ali has been brilliant. If we can get Eriksen into form and Kane firing, I think we do well this year ! :h:
Dier should be in the senior England squad, rather than Under-21s. A good game last night, against a fading Monaco force. I'm sure you'll beat them on your own patch in the reverse fixture, and it was a shame that Alli couldn't put the icing on the cake after a great day for his international call-up with a goal.
we need to start turning these draws into wins. Kane needs to look up more. Overall not bad. At least we look solid at the back ; best defence in the league, only 7 goals conceded.
Original post by stochasticking
we need to start turning these draws into wins. Kane needs to look up more. Overall not bad. At least we look solid at the back ; best defence in the league, only 7 goals conceded.

Technically the joint best with Arsenal :tongue:
Original post by sr90
Technically the joint best with Arsenal :tongue:

unfortunately yes. :frown:
It's interesting how Liverpool are in crisis yet are one point behind you, but Pochetinno has just won manager of the month.
Original post by Mackay
It's interesting how Liverpool are in crisis yet are one point behind you, but Pochetinno has just won manager of the month.

Yeah but Liverpool. Entitled to titles init.
Original post by Mackay

Pochetino got Spurs playing well though, Liverpool have been dog****e and only a point behind due to the luck we had at the beginning of the season (Bournemouth and Arsenal).
Spurs had a pretty ****ty start to the season which has been rectified.
Tottenham fans, players and especially the manager are completely deluded! Tottenham are currently on the precipice of self-destruction, accentuating their sheer vacuity and lack of knowledge for the contemporary game! The players have a constant somnolent and nonchalant swagger as they play, leaving an indelible mark upon their prestigious history! They need to start making changes immediately. Hugo Lloris needs to be dropped, at best he should be playing for a side like Norwich, second fiddle to John Ruddy. Furthermore, Harry Kane should be played at centre mid, the epicenter of the pitch, where he can be most influential. Finally, Younes Kaboul needs to signed once more and lead this club back to glory!
Original post by blue_marmalade
Tottenham fans, players and especially the manager are completely deluded! Tottenham are currently on the precipice of self-destruction, accentuating their sheer vacuity and lack of knowledge for the contemporary game! The players have a constant somnolent and nonchalant swagger as they play, leaving an indelible mark upon their prestigious history! They need to start making changes immediately. Hugo Lloris needs to be dropped, at best he should be playing for a side like Norwich, second fiddle to John Ruddy. Furthermore, Harry Kane should be played at centre mid, the epicenter of the pitch, where he can be most influential. Finally, Younes Kaboul needs to signed once more and lead this club back to glory!

Lyrical Prodigy has gone rogue, lads.
Original post by Mackay
Lyrical Prodigy has gone rogue, lads.

Hahaha!

Great win for us last night even with the team changes, it was nice to see Tom Carroll on the scoresheet and Lamela providing further return on his enormous transfer fee. Future's bright, let's get a good R32 draw.
Original post by rockrunride
Hahaha!

Great win for us last night even with the team changes, it was nice to see Tom Carroll on the scoresheet and Lamela providing further return on his enormous transfer fee. Future's bright, let's get a good R32 draw.

Must be starting to feel confident about top 4? Playing some good football and seem to have some depth at last.
Original post by rockrunride
Hahaha!

You've got to say that Carroll doesn't have a future at White Hart Lane, though. Surely? The guy's 23 years old now.

I thought Lamela was exceptional last night, but your whole team was. They are really buying into your manager's work ethic. You've effectively eradicated individual errors, and lapses of concentration, which made Spurs so Spurs-y for so long.

Quick Reply

Latest