The Student Room Group

Student Finance England Error.

Hi, so I have a huge problem with my SF account. I am no longer going to the university listed on my Student Finance account and I need to update my bank details also.

So I go to login and it tells me "You have entered the wrong password or secret answer three times. You now need to reset your password and secret answer. Click 'Find out your login details' to arrange for a new password and secret answer to be sent to your registered email address. This will also unlock your account."
When I click on the "Find out your login details" and press to find out my password and secret answer, and fill out my surname, email address and customer reference number it comes up with an error page telling me -
"Some of the information you have provided has not been recognised.Student Finance England must already have a valid email address on your account before you can find out any of your login details online. If you have never given them your email address or you have changed your email address from the one you provided to them, please contact the Student Finance England Customer Support Centre to find out your login details.
If you are trying to reset your password and secret answer, you may have entered your Customer Reference Number incorrectly. You can go back and try to reset your password and secret answer again.
If you are trying to find out your Customer Reference Number, you may have entered your secret answer incorrectly. You can go back and try to find out your Customer Reference Number again."

But I typed my customer reference number directly from my contract and know my email address is correct as it is the only email address I have any account linked to.

Do you think it is a website error?

When I called today I could not speak to a person, it was just an answering machine, and as I am starting University really soon it needs to be sorted. Help!:confused:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending