The Student Room Group

TSR Money Savings Club

Scroll to see replies

Original post by insignificant
Its just for a nice feeling. Basically my aim is to try save a ton of my money so I can retire early.

Good for you :smile: What kind of career do you hope to have?
Original post by Leavemyarcelona
Good for you :smile: What kind of career do you hope to have?

Ive absolutely no idea. You?
:rolleyes:
Original post by insignificant
Ive absolutely no idea. You?

Medicine for me (hopefully) lol. Best of luck! :smile:
Another job interview! I thought there was a recession on! I already have two jobs and have three more interviews. Very surprised, as this time last year I was finding it nigh on impossible to get a job. Properly happy right now :smile:

:redface: :redface: Wow - that's really good :biggrin: But would you be able to handle it all?

Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
I worked out that I would have to save £470pm to fill my ISA this year. April's was no problem, but May will be as I have exams to revise for and therefore haven't been selling enough work! So will be about £60 short. Hopefully I will be able to make this up in later months!

What job do you do?
Reply 344
Looks like i have a job as a charity fundraiser.

3 days per week (15 hours) at £7 per hour with an optional extra 5 hours.

Essentially it means that i can save £100 per month from my wages and assuming i keep working while in university next year, i can save the entirety of my student loans after accommodation so around £3k.
Original post by LovePeaceAwesome
What job do you do?

I'm a freelance writer, write general interest pieces for various websites, and things like bingo news, holiday website "what to do" guides.. basically anything people are willing to pay me for!
I wish I was less poor so I could have savings :moon:
Got paid today. Got paid yesterday as well. Booyaa!!
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
I'm a freelance writer, write general interest pieces for various websites, and things like bingo news, holiday website "what to do" guides.. basically anything people are willing to pay me for!

Cool :smile:
Original post by paddy__power
I wish I was less poor so I could have savings :moon:

Hard work pays dividends my friend. Solidarity to you, my brother.
Hard work pays dividends my friend. Solidarity to you, my brother.

I do work but the money I make has to pay for rent and such that my student loan doesn't cover. Any money I do save tends to end up being used helping my mum with things she needs. I have of course made purchases I didn't need to but they are reasonable pre-savings expenses. If I want to make lots of money and have savings I could do that later but it would be nice to have some :moon:

To be fair I do buy several bottles of wiskey a week so could save quite a bit there :mmm:
Original post by paddy__power
I do work but the money I make has to pay for rent and such that my student loan doesn't cover. Any money I do save tends to end up being used helping my mum with things she needs. I have of course made purchases I didn't need to but they are reasonable pre-savings expenses. If I want to make lots of money and have savings I could do that later but it would be nice to have some :moon:

To be fair I do buy several bottles of wiskey a week so could save quite a bit there :mmm:

Well done that man. Always help your mum out, no matter what, good man.

Maybe go easy on the whiskey though haha. I don't drink personally, so I'd imagine that probably saves me a bit.

Well in :yy:
8 hours overtime today - from 7am, I am beat but hoping itll help the savings.
Original post by Jennie1987
8 hours overtime today - from 7am, I am beat but hoping itll help the savings.

Well done you :smile: What do you work as?

God I love this thread :biggrin:
Well done you :smile: What do you work as?

God I love this thread :biggrin:

Administrator.
Original post by Jennie1987
Administrator.

Good for you. Best of luck with your savings.
Original post by LovePeaceAwesome
:redface: :redface: Wow - that's really good :biggrin: But would you be able to handle it all?

What job do you do?

One of my jobs interviews is for a full time position, so if I get that (really hope I do!) then I'll be starting in the Royal Navy Reserves soon, so that should keep me going rather well financially for the foreseeable future. Just hope this job interview goes well, as I badly want it.

How are things with you davings wise?
One of my jobs interviews is for a full time position, so if I get that (really hope I do!) then I'll be starting in the Royal Navy Reserves soon, so that should keep me going rather well financially for the foreseeable future. Just hope this job interview goes well, as I badly want it.

How are things with you davings wise?

Hmmm could be better, could be worse; as I expected tbh :biggrin: But I'm still happy with that
Has anyone used the cashback methods for mobile phone contracts? I've had a naff phone but a really cheap contract for the last two years, and I'm sick of the phone and just want a nice one now! I currently pay £17 for unlimited texts, 500MB net and 300 minutes which is fine, but I've been looking on comparisons and the cashback stuff seems good, but I have no idea how it works really!

Thanks =]
Original post by skunky x
Has anyone used the cashback methods for mobile phone contracts? I've had a naff phone but a really cheap contract for the last two years, and I'm sick of the phone and just want a nice one now! I currently pay £17 for unlimited texts, 500MB net and 300 minutes which is fine, but I've been looking on comparisons and the cashback stuff seems good, but I have no idea how it works really!

Thanks =]

Try moneysavingexpert.com theyll have loads of great info either on the main site or forum - they are my money gurus :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending