The Student Room Group

How to get rid of spots inside your ear??

Hai,
I'm so prone to getting sore spots inside my ear :rolleyes: and I don't mean on the ear bit that you can see, I mean, right down in the ear...
I don't understand, I keep my earbuds clean, I don't have earwax buildup and I generally try and keep my ears clean at all times.

Does anyone else get this? what do you do to reduce/get rid of the spots?? Its a very difficult place to get to them:cool:
Ear sex. Srsly.
Reply 2
I get this from time to time.

Everyone has earwax.. it may be that you're trying to keep your ears too clean.

Just leave the spots and let them go away on there own - you don't want to be poking anything down your ear.
Reply 3
Holamigo
I get this from time to time.

Everyone has earwax.. it may be that you're trying to keep your ears too clean.

Just leave the spots and let them go away on there own - you don't want to be poking anything down your ear.

I don't go out of my way to rid the earwax from my ears :lol:
But generally I try and keep them tidy..
I'm just glad I'm not the only one that gets them :p:
Reply 4
Anonymous
I don't go out of my way to rid the earwax from my ears :lol:
But generally I try and keep them tidy..
I'm just glad I'm not the only one that gets them :p:

When you say keep them tidy...what do you do?

I know how annoying & painful they can be! :s-smilie: I actually have a couple of little spots in my outta ear at the moment - I think it may be from oily skin or something - even though i gently clean them with a wipe most days.
That's why I think, sometimes it's best just to leave them alone.. the more you interfere the more you're likely to end up with a buildup of dirt/ wax etc..
Addzter
Ear sex. Srsly.

This. It's been scientifically proven. :yep:
Reply 6
Holamigo
When you say keep them tidy...what do you do?

I know how annoying & painful they can be! :s-smilie: I actually have a couple of little spots in my outta ear at the moment - I think it may be from oily skin or something - even though i gently clean them with a wipe most days.
That's why I think, sometimes it's best just to leave them alone.. the more you interfere the more you're likely to end up with a buildup of dirt/ wax etc..

I just get a cottonbud like, once a month and just clear out any excess wax :cool:
they're so irritating, especially if I'm trying to listen to my music with my earbuds :frown:
Reply 7
Anonymous
I just get a cottonbud like, once a month and just clear out any excess wax :cool:
they're so irritating, especially if I'm trying to listen to my music with my earbuds :frown:

no no never use a cottonbud! It's ok around the outta ear.. but you don't clear out the wax in the hole bit do you?

I know they are annoying !:frown: can feel like a big bruise sometimes! not nice.
Reply 8
machiavelli123
This. It's been scientifically proven. :yep:

In all honesty it could have been much worse, the OP could now have hearing aids :wink:
Reply 9
Get a bowl/cup full of boiling hot water and add salt. Leave this to cool until the heat becomes standable, then dip a cotton bud into the water and apply this to the pimple. This will clean it and help to clear an infection. Repeat this a few times for a couple days and your pimple should either slowly fade or will pop on its own.

Hope this helps.
Don't put cotton buds in your ear it pushes the wax in further and could do more damage.

You could see your gp for antibiotics (or similar) or try something new age like getting hopi ear candling done.

Quick Reply

Latest