The Student Room Group

18 pregnant and want to go UNI!

Hello just wanted advice really...

I recently found out that i'm pregnant (baby due mid December).
I'm finishing my A-levels and i'm due to start university in sept/oct this year.
I don't want to put it off another year as i've already retaken the year at college for my AS however I also don't want to have to take time away from the baby once he/she is born.

The father is around and although I haven't told my family, I believe they will be more than supportive once the initial shock is over! what is the best thing to do?!:afraid:

I'm going to be taking psychology and was also wondering how many hours/ days i would be doing?
Thank you! :smile:
Reply 1
Im not sure that The Student Room should be your first port of call for a problem like this. there are people who are much better equipped to talk you through things

Have you contacted the university, in theory they aren't allowed to discriminate you because your pregnant so you should give them a call.

They normally have provisions in place and it may be possible for them to arrange something appropriate.

I would get round to telling your family if you feel you can as they will inevitably have to take some role in supporting you through university, as with any student. also speak to the father, It's important for him to be involved in decisions if he is wanting to be actively involved

Again specific hours / days is something that would depend on the individual university.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending