The Student Room Group

Maternity leave during nursing degree

I have just found out I’m pregnant and due end of august start of September. I am in my first year of my nursing degree. I’m hoping to finish this first year while pregnant and take a year out sept-sept and return to finish.
Am I entitled to the learning support fund?
My last placement finished July if I miss any of this can I make it up?
I don’t want to consult with uni yet as it’s early

Thank you :smile:
Original post by Cto03
I have just found out I’m pregnant and due end of august start of September. I am in my first year of my nursing degree. I’m hoping to finish this first year while pregnant and take a year out sept-sept and return to finish.

I've moved your thread to the Student Financial Support forum as you have asked about the NHS LSF, which is not something that SFE answers questions on. :smile:

According to the following link, "You may be entitled to up to 12 months maternity or adoption leave where you continue to receive NHS LSF payments. This must be authorised by your university, who must also notify Student Services."

https://faq.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/knowledgebase/article/KA-28078/

Regarding arrangements for missed placements, that is something that you will have to discuss with your uni but healthcare courses usually build in additional weeks for placement that are missed due to illness, etc.
Original post by Cto03

Hi there,

To be able to get the NHS LSF, the university needs to confirm your attendance on the course. If you take time out, you most likely won’t receive it during maternity leave, and will resume once you go back to your studies (you’ll also get a bit more when you return due to having a dependent)

To confirm everything, it’s best to contact the NHS LSF team directly

Nat
LJMU Student Nurse and Ambassador
Original post by LJMUStudentReps

If you take time out, you most likely won’t receive it during maternity leave, and will resume once you go back to your studies (you’ll also get a bit more when you return due to having a dependent)

That's not necessarily the case for maternity leave if you read what's on the link I posted above.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending