The Student Room Group

Chinese people, welcome! [中國人, 歡迎你!] [中国人, 欢迎你!]

Scroll to see replies

dafunkyguy
Well...they just removed the cache today...so I guess it is government censorship. However...it was a cache...so it would eventually be erased already.

Well...I understand what you're saying...but the government isn't all that bad. Though it does have some rights and wrongs...we shouldn't just criticize them for censoring a lot of things. It may be for confidentiality...but I really believe that there shouldn't be an age limit for the Olympics. :smile: Besides, China is under a lot of pressure from outside countries...so you shouldn't be so harsh on them.

Yea I was just a bit frustrated

Personally I dont think winning the most gold is the most important thing. Considering PRC only entered the Olympics since 1984, we really had been an Olympic powerhorse.

I honestly think we can win the most golds, or at least a big bunch of golds without such dodgy stuffs such as age-faking. Even a 33-year old German woman can win a Silver in gymnastics.
~|Shock|~
Yea I was just a bit frustrated

Personally I dont think winning the most gold is the most important thing. Considering PRC only entered the Olympics since 1984, we really had been an Olympic powerhorse.

I honestly think we can win the most golds, or at least a big bunch of golds without such dodgy stuffs such as age-faking. Even a 33-year old German woman can win a Silver in gymnastics.

That is true that China has already been an athletic powerhouse.

We won a lot of gold medals this year...especially in Beijing...beating the US by a big gap. However...I really believe that the IOC should ban the law that there must be an age limit in order to register for the Olympics. I find it very stupid. Even divers can join the Olympics at age 14...why can't the gymnasts be age 14 to join the Olympic games as well? I think it's due to the jealousy of the Americans that is causing all of this controversy.
dafunkyguy
That is true that China has already been an athletic powerhouse.

We won a lot of gold medals this year...especially in Beijing...beating the US by a big gap. However...I really believe that the IOC should ban the law that there must be an age limit in order to register for the Olympics. I find it very stupid. Even divers can join the Olympics at age 14...why can't the gymnasts be age 14 to join the Olympic games as well? I think it's due to the jealousy of the Americans that is causing all of this controversy.

The age limit are set to "protect girls that are too young", as gymnastic trainings are pretty strenous and nasty at times. Yet in the Chinese national competitions the younger 14-15 year-olds sometimes outperforms the older ones.

But again, 重在参与, winning gold or silver is another matter.

Also, a bit sad to see China losing the 10m platform diving, both divers made a mistake in their last one:no:
~|Shock|~
The age limit are set to "protect girls that are too young", as gymnastic trainings are pretty strenous and nasty at times. Yet in the Chinese national competitions the younger 14-15 year-olds sometimes outperforms the older ones.

But again, 重在参与, winning gold or silver is another matter.

Also, a bit sad to see China losing the 10m platform diving, both divers made a mistake in their last one:no:

Are you sure? I thought China won the gold and bronze medals! Oh darn it...then who won the 10m platform diving competition?

I still think it's all right for 14-year-old girls to perform in the Olympics. The coaches may be mean...but it's for the wellbeing of the gymnasts.
Does anyone here know how to speed up the streaming process of Youku, 56.com and Tudou? They are so slow compared to Youtube! :frown:
49 medals, so close. i was so hoping for 50, but to be fair, the australian's last dive was amazing.
studyboy

Does anyone here know how to speed up the streaming process of Youku, 56.com and Tudou? They are so slow compared to Youtube!

yes, use those websites at around mid night or early morning china time, when demand is low.
as for the gymnast age scandle, according to the coach, it only started because the US team didn't win gold, apparently, got to say, that is really undiplomatic and unsportswomen like for her to say that
dafunkyguy
Are you sure? I thought China won the gold and bronze medals! Oh darn it...then who won the 10m platform dive?

I still think it's all right for 14-year-old girls to perform in the Olympics. The coaches may be mean...but it's for the wellbeing of the gymnasts.

China has it pretty much in the bag after 5 rounds, leading by 30 points, yet in the last dive the leading Chinese made a mistake, and scored only 74.50, where the Australian diver who was secound scored a astonishing 112.60 with a near-perfect high-difficulty five.

Well played to the Aussie, I know that we cant win all the medals in diving, but this one is almost like the John Terry missing the penalty.
KMT-CCP.GuoMinGongchan
yes, use those websites at around mid night or early morning china time, when demand is low.

Okay then, I will try your approach. :yep:
~|Shock|~
China has it pretty much in the bag after 5 rounds, leading by 30 points, yet in the last dive the leading Chinese made a mistake, and scored only 74.50, where the Australian diver who was secound scored a astonishing 112.60 with a near-perfect high-difficulty five.

Well played to the Aussie, I know that we cant win all the medals in diving, but this one is almost like the John Terry missing the penalty.

Oh...you're talking about men's 10m platform diving right? I thought you were talking about women's 10m platform diving...no wonder I was confused. I guess it's still all right for a silver medal...though China deserves a gold medal. Oh well. :biggrin:
KMT-CCP.GuoMinGongchan
49 medals, so close. i was so hoping for 50, but to be fair, the australian's last dive was amazing.

I'm sure we'll get 50 gold medals...don't worry. It would be coming soon. :smile:
Reply 1252
We can still get 50+ gold medals, 3 boxers are fighting for golds tomorrow ^^ (light fly/light heavy and heavy weight I believe)
Zen90
We can still get 50+ gold medals, 3 boxers are fighting for golds tomorrow ^^ (light fly/light heavy and heavy weight I believe)

I hope we can get past the 50-medal point...it's going to be great! :biggrin:
Reply 1254
dafunkyguy
I hope we can get past the 50-medal point...it's going to be great! :biggrin:

Yeah same, we could have so got it already today though but down to back luck from 2 events we didnt.
The diving :doh:
and in Taekwando with the controversial event.
Zen90
Yeah same, we could have so got it already today though but down to back luck from 2 events we didnt.
The diving :doh:
and in Taekwando with the controversial event.

It's all right...we did try our hardest to achieve as many gold medals as possible. China has made such a great improvement from last year. I'm very proud. :biggrin:
Overall gold medals. 51.

GG CHINA.
I wish I was chinese :sad:
China:Gold 51, Silver 21, Bronze 28, Total 100
I'm so proud ^_^
UK will suck at hosting the 2012 olympics:smile: not living up to the expectations and all
Yea 100 medals!!!! China topped the charts!!!! Woot!

Not sure if UK is secure enough to host the 2012 olympics because of the recent incidents...

Quick Reply

Latest