The Student Room Group

Chinese people, welcome! [中國人, 歡迎你!] [中国人, 欢迎你!]

Scroll to see replies

Catchetat
Yea 100 medals!!!! China topped the charts!!!! Woot!

Not sure if UK is secure enough to host the 2012 olympics because of the recent incidents...

Ooh...you do the IB as well? Cool! :p:
Yea... I wish I did a levels :frown:
Sephirona
I wish I was chinese :sad:

Why? Care to elaborate? :p:
Reply 1263
UrbanEmotions
China:Gold 51, Silver 21, Bronze 28, Total 100
I'm so proud ^_^
UK will suck at hosting the 2012 olympics:smile: not living up to the expectations and all

How can you be so sure that London will 'suck'?????:rolleyes: It's four years away and I wouldn't be surprised if London can surpass Beijing...because London is a great city:biggrin:

Catchetat
Yea 100 medals!!!! China topped the charts!!!! Woot!

Not sure if UK is secure enough to host the 2012 olympics because of the recent incidents...

oh come on now... Beijing has seurity threats aswell and they managed to control it ... why do you think London won't be able to do that??
UrbanEmotions
China:Gold 51, Silver 21, Bronze 28, Total 100
I'm so proud ^_^
UK will suck at hosting the 2012 olympics:smile: not living up to the expectations and all

So am I! What a fitting way to end our hosting of the Olympics for 2008- by finishing ahead of the USA with 51 golds and a total of 100 medals. Well done to all our athletes, those who have won, and even those who haven't for trying their best and exerting their utmost at these events.

I'm sure London will host it in a very culturally British way and make it quite entertaining, but it'll never be as extravagant and mind-blowing as the one which Beijing has just put on show, but they are not expected to follow it and they won't. But what they will do is try to make it the epitomy of British humour, tradition and history.
Hanoi
How can you be so sure that London will 'suck'?????:rolleyes: It's four years away and I wouldn't be surprised if London can surpass Beijing...because London is a great city:biggrin:

oh come on now... Beijing has seurity threats aswell and they managed to control it ... why do you think London won't be able to do that??

Uk does not impress me:yep: I will be extremely surprised if London will be able to surpass Beijing. but not likely.
I'm looking forward to London-12 to be honest. The opening and closing ceremony will be nowhere near like Beijing's one. (I mean... their focus is a bus, LedZeppelin, Beckham and Leona Lewis...)

And Yay for the 100 medals, 51 gold.
Anyone else wish they could compete in the olympics?
Hm . It was probably pretty rash of me to state that directly and openly so I apologize for that. But the investment put into the London Olympics is expected to be half of that of Beijing according to newspaper. This would probably contribute to a higher risk and breach of security and other issues.
Reply 1268
welcome to china~anyone who arrives in china will be treated as friends. I am a university student in shanghai. Here are a lot of guys around me want to learn english.so if you travel china i will show you around where you are interested.And this Sep my classmates and I will travel to Xian, an Ancient city. Welcome to join us~!My Skype:qiang_zhou84;MSN:[email protected]
Catchetat
Yea... I wish I did a levels :frown:

Why? I find that IB is pretty good. A-levels may be more descriptive...but they have less courses to choose. :smile:
talking of IBs, how many countries is IB officially recognised in? is it just the western countries? cos my old school is pushing for IB alongside A-levels and i just want to know more.
KMT-CCP.GuoMinGongchan
talking of IBs, how many countries is IB officially recognised in? is it just the western countries? cos my old school is pushing for IB alongside A-levels and i just want to know more.

Well I know Canada for one uses IB :p:

Btw Kenneth, I've a med-related question for you ^^,
Did you have a lot of medical-related experience when you applied for Med? I'm just really curious since I'm struggling a LOT with med-related experience at the moment.
And how are you lately :biggrin:? I've not been speaking to anyone here for a long time (been pretty inactive since school started :frown:)
dafunkyguy
Why? I find that IB is pretty good. A-levels may be more descriptive...but they have less courses to choose. :smile:

But A-levels let you bump up your grade by resitting modules or doing a lot of coursework in advance, right? I'm not too sure how the system is but thats how I've heard it to be :o:

Anyways, how are you lately? :biggrin:
Original post by &#34315
Did you have a lot of medical-related experience when you applied for Med? I'm just really curious since I'm struggling a LOT with med-related experience at the moment.

i didn't do alot of work experience before my application or interview (hence why i failed to get offers from 3 out of the 4 med schools). But as for work experience, if you live in scotland, why not join St Andrew Ambulance?
KMT-CCP.GuoMinGongchan
i didn't do alot of work experience before my application or interview (hence why i failed to get offers from 3 out of the 4 med schools). But as for work experience, if you live in scotland, why not join St Andrew Ambulance?

Thanks for the advice! I'll try see if I can join :biggrin:
My local nursing/care homes and nearby hospitals all rejected me so far, but I'm not giving up yet!
So, are you starting Cambridge med in September? or is it next year? ^^
Looking forward to it?
Original post by &#34315
Thanks for the advice! I'll try see if I can join
My local nursing/care homes and nearby hospitals all rejected me so far, but I'm not giving up yet!
So, are you starting Cambridge med in September? or is it next year? ^^
Looking forward to it?

the NHS rejected me quite alot as well, cos apparently its got too many applicants for work experience, so i ve basically stopped emailing hospitals. but if you know someone from a GP practices i m sure they wouldn't mind giving you a look around. But volunteer organisations is the best for work experience.
Keep in mind not all unis place weight on work experience.
I ll be starting oct 09. so i ve still got a year. can't wait though.
KMT-CCP.GuoMinGongchan
the NHS rejected me quite alot as well, cos apparently its got too many applicants for work experience, so i ve basically stopped emailing hospitals. but if you know someone from a GP practices i m sure they wouldn't mind giving you a look around. But volunteer organisations is the best for work experience.
Keep in mind not all unis place weight on work experience.
I ll be starting oct 09. so i ve still got a year. can't wait though.

Ahh I see.
I'll just keep trying and trying.
What are you gonna do this year then? College? Gap year?
Medicine....pshhhhhhhhhhht
How hard is it to learn Chinese? I want to learn it in 4 years...
Or learn Japanese.
KMT-CCP.GuoMinGongchan

There are a lot of countries that recognizes IB...I can't even count them! If you're that interested...then I guess you should visit the IBO website: http://www.ibo.org. It isn't a bad program...but UK universities look very harshly on IB students...so it's better to stick with A-levels. However...in the US and Canada...IB and AP are recognized...but AP is more advantageous...in my opinion. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest